Mike Riley's Staff

I wish him and whatever staff he hires the best. I'd love to see this program feared again. I'm going to refrain from any type of conversation since many that hear things they don't want to think about or agree with they decide to name call and discredit. Funny I've seen a lot of that in politics at the all levels the last ten years.

• Fire 1

Gentlemen, this is what happens when you are not thorough in your Head Coach search

#12HourCoachSearch

I find it ironic that everyone chastised Bo for hiring yes men. Rightfully so.

But then Harv hired Shawn as a yes man. And Shawn hired the new coach with Harv's approval,,essentially making him a yes man.

I'm not saying it's good or bad,, just find it interesting.

Also for the posters who keep saying very little talent at OSU. They've had more talent then Nebraska. They've played in a BCS bowl In last decade. They beat both UCLA and Winny in 2012. We lost both those games. Oregon State is not the arm pit all you trying to claim to justify this hire and believe.

Check their past 5 recruiting classes, Nebraska has far more 4+ star players. The difference is that they can teach & make their kids better.

What if the new staff can't get those high 3 and 4 star guys to come here?

We may have a few more wins the next few years and a 2007like fall off.

All signs point to the OSU staff being fantastic recruiters, I have no doubt they'll be able to pull at least the same caliber talent as Pelini & co.

Sounds like another staff we had here.

As a matter of fact, Banker being "well traveled " reminds me off a former secondary coach we had.

It's hard to explain anything to the ignorance!

Ah hem, Bill's staff was supposed great recruiters. Elmo was well traveled.

It didn't make them successful.

OSUs staff hasn't yet recruited to the level of Bo's staff.

Please explain my ignorance.

One more time: they did not have the facilities or resources they have now. Miles did not recruit big time players at Colo. St., but after year at NE he is putting together some the best basketball recruiting classes in our history. I am just saying that your argument holds no facts and give him & his new staff a chance.

Why are people acting surprised he would bring some of his staff with him? He said it at his intro press conference.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/they-said-it-everything-riley-eichorst-said-at-friday-s/article_f3257656-7cad-11e4-a740-abde494337de.html

I am going to be hiring a staff. I have had a great group of people. I always look at this thing as I have all these guys, and it is my job to make sure I put experts and good people around them. So, I have had really good people do really good work with me for a while. I like that stability. I know who they are. I trust them. With that, we are also going to look at other areas for other additions to this staff. It’s a big, big part of what is going to happen in the next few years, is putting this staff together. Football-wise and people-wise and making sure it is the right fit for what we do on the football end of it and also what we need on the university side of it. That is pretty exciting stuff.

2014 Nebraska Total Defense Rank - 50th

2014 Oregon State Total Defense Rank - 76th

OSU Opponents Total Offense:

Hawaii- 72nd

SDSU- 67th

USC- 31st

Colorado- 41st

Utah- 87th

Stanford- 77th

Cal- 15th

WSU- 6th

ASU- 34th

Wash- 49th

Oregon- 1st

Nebraska Opponents Total Offense:

Flor Atlantic-96th

Fresno- 54th

Miami- 45th

Illinois- 101st

MSU- 14th

NW- 105th

Rutgers- 84th

Purdue- 109th

Wisc- 20th

Minnesota- 104th

Iowa- 69th

Stats aren't everything but overall OSU played against better Offenses.

EXCELLENT POST SIR! +1

tumblr_mahfgmCXDY1rvdbdz.gif

Are Big10 defenses better than Pac12 defenses?

No.

Also for the posters who keep saying very little talent at OSU. They've had more talent then Nebraska. They've played in a BCS bowl In last decade. They beat both UCLA and Winny in 2012. We lost both those games. Oregon State is not the arm pit all you trying to claim to justify this hire and believe.

Check their past 5 recruiting classes, Nebraska has far more 4+ star players. The difference is that they can teach & make their kids better.

All signs point to the OSU staff being fantastic recruiters, I have no doubt they'll be able to pull at least the same caliber talent as Pelini & co.

As a matter of fact, Banker being "well traveled " reminds me off a former secondary coach we had.

One more time: they did not have the facilities or resources they have now. Miles did not recruit big time players at Colo. St., but after year at NE he is putting together some the best basketball recruiting classes in our history. I am just saying that your argument holds no facts and give him & his new staff a chance.

True.

I'm just saying that history has shown us that being viewed as a good recruiting staff doesn't mean that this staff will be successful.

And this staff, whomever fills it out, hasn't proven that they can recruit quality talent to Lincoln.

Both of those statements are facts.

T doesn't mean that they won't recruit to a high level or be successful, it means that they have to prove it.

And your Miles comparison means nothing, unfortunately.

Agreed that he and his staff need a chance to prove themselves. But I also understand that many fans will want them on a short leash. We had a fan base divided on our last coach and many of them will not accept less than that. I think SE is smart and will give Coach Riley time to recruit and develop talent but with our division I think 7-8 wins is the floor. Anything less than that in either of the first two years and Coach Riley and/or his staff will need to be reevaluated. That said, the AD should be evaluating their coaches every year, just as every coach should be evaluating his staff each year.

To be clear, I'm cool with him bringing some of his guys over. That's cool. Just, would prefer either the DC or OC be a fresh face.

I think most agree.

But most aren't sold on his former DC being the new Dc here. And we were hoping for Steele, Frost, and Ed O.

And there is no reason not to have high expectations. Nebraska has been down for over a decade. SE said money is no issue. There is no excuse not to go after and land the best.

• Fire 1

Agreed that he and his staff need a chance to prove themselves. But I also understand that many fans will want them on a short leash. We had a fan base divided on our last coach and many of them will not accept less than that. I think SE is smart and will give Coach Riley time to recruit and develop talent but with our division I think 7-8 wins is the floor. Anything less than that in either of the first two years and Coach Riley and/or his staff will need to be reevaluated. That said, the AD should be evaluating their coaches every year, just as every coach should be evaluating his staff each year.

With a more favorable schedule and a plus 2 in coaching aptitude according to Steve Bartoo (iirc) I'd say if Bo's ceiling was 10~4, the new guy's floor is 11~1.