Mike Riley's Staff

I just read this:

Saturday night, Sports Illustrated's Lindsey Schnell reported that Mike Cavanaugh, Mark Banker and Bruce Read were coming to Nebraska.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/report-three-more-oregon-state-assistants-joining-riley-at-nu/article_13078864-7db3-11e4-b16a-5f5746502a78.html

Interesting-

Yeah, we've only been discussing this for the past page and a half. Thanks for reading.

SORRY!! You could've just ignored the post. Sheesh!

I am pretty sure tschu is punching holes in the dry wall right now... try talking to him again later.

Also for the posters who keep saying very little talent at OSU. They've had more talent then Nebraska. They've played in a BCS bowl In last decade. They beat both UCLA and Winny in 2012. We lost both those games. Oregon State is not the arm pit all you trying to claim to justify this hire and believe.

It cracks me up that you can write something like that and not realize how stupid it is.

• Fire 3

Also for the posters who keep saying very little talent at OSU. They've had more talent then Nebraska. They've played in a BCS bowl In last decade. They beat both UCLA and Winny in 2012. We lost both those games. Oregon State is not the arm pit all you trying to claim to justify this hire and believe.

Yes because talent equals results every time...that's why Texas and Michigan are lighting the world on fire right now, and why Mike Riley left his hometown team in Oregon St. to coach a less talented team at Nebraska at 61 years old.

ts6JK.jpg

• Fire 1

If he can maintain most of this recruiting class, with the talent on the roster, next year should be ok.

Perhaps. But this is bigger than just next year.

We need a foundation long term. I'm frankly sick of the coaching changes.

We needed a coaching change. In part because Bo surrounded himself with yes men. I don't want to swap one set of yes men for another set of yes men.
Oh, i agree. Bo made his bed . what's done is done.

I'd just like some stability. Quality stability.

I think, if anything, what we hired is stability. I don't see a down turn. Not necessarily a huge gain, but no loss

...what? We had stability. What we hired was so we could win a Championship.

• Fire 1

Corvallis is an armpit.

I was at the Fog Bowl against USC. Cold, rainy...fans wearing beanies drinking Natty Light...huddling around burning trash cans trying to get warm like homeless people before the game.

It's so high schoolish.

I just read this:

Saturday night, Sports Illustrated's Lindsey Schnell reported that Mike Cavanaugh, Mark Banker and Bruce Read were coming to Nebraska.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/report-three-more-oregon-state-assistants-joining-riley-at-nu/article_13078864-7db3-11e4-b16a-5f5746502a78.html

Interesting-

Yeah, we've only been discussing this for the past page and a half. Thanks for reading.

SORRY!! You could've just ignored the post. Sheesh!

I am pretty sure tschu is punching holes in the dry wall right now... try talking to him again later.

Nah. I shouldn't have responded like that. I'll edit. I did read the page before and didn't see that quote posted. Just didn't read far enough back.

Check their past 5 recruiting classes, Nebraska has far more 4+ star players. The difference is that they can teach & make their kids better.

Nebraska crumbled against UCLA two straight years, and actually had a nice comeback win against Wisky in regular season.

If he can maintain most of this recruiting class, with the talent on the roster, next year should be ok.

Perhaps. But this is bigger than just next year.

We need a foundation long term. I'm frankly sick of the coaching changes.

We needed a coaching change. In part because Bo surrounded himself with yes men. I don't want to swap one set of yes men for another set of yes men.
Oh, i agree. Bo made his bed . what's done is done.

I'd just like some stability. Quality stability.

I think, if anything, what we hired is stability. I don't see a down turn. Not necessarily a huge gain, but no loss

If you were correct, then the change doesn't make sense.

We had 7 years of stability. Some would say maddening stability.