Mike Riley's Staff

Just a snipped of an article i picked up. Hope it hasnt been posted yet but take it for what its worth.

Riley knew that, but everyone also knew that that major change wouldn't include firing Riley, as the University couldn't afford to pay him for 7 more seasons, as they were contractually obligated to do so, unless someone else paid the buyout bill.

And it had come to the point where some of his assistants could not continue, though that's the kind of change Riley didn't want to make.

• Fire 1

I don't understand a lot of the consternation in this thread. OF COURSE Riley is going to bring in at least a few of his assistants. So far I counted four, and all but one of them are only rumored. If I remember right, NCAA rules allow 9 assistant coaches in addition to Riley. How is bringing four of your guys and going outside for the rest "bringing his entire staff"? Looks to me like he's bringing half his staff––at most.

NCAA manual 2012-2013 ( Found on line)

11.7.2- One HC, 9 assistants and 4 GA's are the limit. Strength and conditioning coach doesn't count in these numbers.

Bo had as assistants:

Beck, Barney, Fish, Brown, Paps, Els, Warren, Garrison and Kaz = 9

I agree that 1 + the 3 rumored seem reasonable in terms of Coach Riley retaining some of his staff. Surprised about Brennan. I guess we will know more soon.

I don't understand a lot of the consternation in this thread. OF COURSE Riley is going to bring in at least a few of his assistants. So far I counted four, and all but one of them are only rumored. If I remember right, NCAA rules allow 9 assistant coaches in addition to Riley. How is bringing four of your guys and going outside for the rest "bringing his entire staff"? Looks to me like he's bringing half his staff––at most.

NCAA manual 2012-2013 ( Found on line)

11.7.2- One HC, 9 assistants and 4 GA's are the limit. Strength and conditioning coach doesn't count in these numbers.

Bo had as assistants:

Beck, Barney, Fish, Brown, Paps, Els, Warren, Garrison and Kaz = 9

I agree that 1 + the 3 rumored seem reasonable in terms of Coach Riley retaining some of his staff. Surprised about Brennan. I guess we will know more soon.

I think it's mostly that DC people are worried about. Banker looked pretty bad this year. I don't really have a problem with the rest. And maybe this defense is more to Banker's style.

Mt panties were in a huge wad last night as I was hearing the news. this morning, not so much. But I have to think when Saban brings in an A-hole like Kiffin, it is with surgical precision/purpose as opposed to "will he do what I tell him to do" & 'he is wonderful guy in the community'.

I prefer the best surgeon if I had to go under the knife. I get the loyalty factor and we all are on the same page, but at this stage of the game (Husker reputation) it felt like the Cubans telling the world 'they can do communism better than Russia and just give us some time and we will show you'.

Time will tell how prophetic some of the members of HB are. I am still somewhat perplexed, hoping a large hire is still in the works, but will ultimately move on and trust the new coach knows what the heck he is doing.