Mike Riley's Staff

Watch this for some comfort and reassurance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFQtyljn_a4

Man oh man that defense is what I'm most excited about. We need that aggressiveness back in our D, and those boys were getting after it!

2008? Not comforting. We had one of the best defenses in the country in 2009, and that didn't stop the poorer performances the last four years.

I've been a little underwhelmed by the reported staff so far, but I think some folks are going a little overboard in their criticisms. It's not like Riley went out and hired a golf coach, hired his brother, and promoted a couple interns to full-time assistants (and later DC). :D

I am happy the staff so far are adults with years of professional coaching experience. But I too am hoping he adds a little more splash to the staff, mainly for recruiting.

Agree, so far there are no high profile hires, but several carry-overs from OSU. Not a good sign.

Where are people getting the idea Riley is bringing his DC over with him? He recommended him as the OS HC replacement - I wouldn't be recommending someone for a job if I wanted them to take a different job.

There was also a report out there that OSU was not even going to consider any current staff members for the HC job.

And really, there are over 120 D1 teams out there each with 9 assistants, along with all the NFL assistants, and people are fixating about a couple names one way or the other. People only know Steele because he was here once, and the coach at Baylor for a bit, and only know Orgeron because he was the interim HC at USC after they fired Kiffin. Most people would be hard pressed to even come up with assistant coach names, let along their qualifications and reputations in coaching circles.

• Fire 1