Choose a Side, Huskerboard

Choose your Side  

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have no idea how Riley will do at NU, but man some of you guys really have no clue about him or Oregon St. University. First of all anyone ever been to Corvallis, Or. Its an agricultural community with an Ag college in it. It is the ugly little sister to Oregon and Eugene. OU is a Beautiful campus in the at the edge of the trees. OSU is in the agricultural plain between the mountains and the coast. Nothing too special about the campus.

They have never been a consistent winner and usually they have been downright bad before Riley got there. They have never had a sugar daddy like Phil Knight. They have nothing close to the facilities, or resources that Oregon or Nebraska has. Riley has built a solid program that is very respected as a team that you better bring your A game or you will be losing.

In the PAC 12 pecking order only WSU probably has worse facilities and situation than OSU. Riley has done a good job at OSU, I worry about the type of offense he may want to run, but I think he may adapt to his players.

Look no guarantees I know he is not the wow hire but he may be a right hire. I say that because I think there could be lots of hires that could do it at NU.

• Fire 2

I hope he does well, but I still think this was an awful move. The more I see, I'm convinced it is an awful move.

He has never achieved success anywhere he's ever been. Yeah, Oregon State was awful. So was Kansas State, and Snyder surpassed anything Riley can even dream of doing.

His single best record was 10-4. His teams these past few years have been absolutely awful.

He's nearing the end of his career. His old team's fans were happy to be rid of him.

Count me as a "nay" and the new Polo.

Meh Polo was logical with his negativity, you're trashing this hire before Riley has even landed in Lincoln

There's way more logic in his post than most of the stuff Polo wrote.

I worry about the type of offense he may want to run, but I think he may adapt to his players

Major concern. All I've heard is that Beck threw too much and that in Lincoln we need a coach that utilizes the power running game, yet we hire a guy that has a history of throwing the ball all over the place and many seem to be ok with it.

I don't get it.