Expectations over the next 5 years

I expect slightly better next year, just because we have a weak schedule.

09/03 Fresno State Lincoln

09/10 Wyoming Lincoln

09/17 Oregon Lincoln

09/24 #Northwestern Evanston

10/01 #Illinois Lincoln

10/15 #Indiana Bloomington

10/22 #Purdue Lincoln

10/29 #Wisconsin Madison

11/05 #Ohio State Columbus

11/12 #Minnesota Lincoln

11/19 #Maryland Lincoln

11/25 #Iowa Iowa City

That doesn't look like that weak of a schedule

We know what the Huskers have been over the last 15 or so years. If we're still in the same place after another 5, it's time for a change. The point of hiring a coach is to build the program to a better place and pull the Huskers out of this rut. The last few hires, they could have gone either way in the end - no different than this one. The book, as they say, is yet to be written.

• Fire 1

09/03 Fresno State Lincoln

09/10 Wyoming Lincoln

09/17 Oregon Lincoln

10/01 #Illinois Lincoln

10/15 #Indiana Bloomington

10/22 #Purdue Lincoln

10/29 #Wisconsin Madison

11/12 #Minnesota Lincoln

11/19 #Maryland Lincoln

11/25 #Iowa Iowa City

Sad part is...about 5 years ago we would have looked at that and been like "Well, I see two tough games"

• Fire 1

09/03 Fresno State Lincoln Gimme

09/10 Wyoming Lincoln Gimme

09/17 Oregon Lincoln

10/01 #Illinois Lincoln Gimme

10/15 #Indiana Bloomington Gimme

10/22 #Purdue Lincoln Gimme

10/29 #Wisconsin Madison

11/12 #Minnesota Lincoln Gimme

11/19 #Maryland Lincoln Gimme

11/25 #Iowa Iowa City

Oregon and Ohio State are the only teams are ranked every year. I expect Iowa to come back to earth next year, and Wisconsin may or may not be any good. Add in that Oregon just lost their OC, and I count, what should be, 7 automatic wins, three toss ups, a probable loss, and a sure loss.

09/03 Fresno State Lincoln Gimme

09/10 Wyoming Lincoln Gimme

09/17 Oregon Lincoln

10/01 #Illinois Lincoln Gimme

10/15 #Indiana Bloomington Gimme

10/22 #Purdue Lincoln Gimme

10/29 #Wisconsin Madison

11/12 #Minnesota Lincoln Gimme

11/19 #Maryland Lincoln Gimme

11/25 #Iowa Iowa City

Oregon and Ohio State are the only teams are ranked every year. I expect Iowa to come back to earth next year, and Wisconsin may or may not be any good. Add in that Oregon just lost their OC, and I count, what should be, 7 automatic wins, three toss ups, a probable loss, and a sure loss.

I would think after this year and seeing this staff in action, people would have learned to quit calling any game a 'gimmie'. SMDH...

And I expect Riley has one year, maybe two, to turn things around, or he's gone. And by turn things around, I mean he's a) Winning or tied for the top of the B1G West (a very realistic and obtainable goal for this year that wasn't achieved), b) at least 8-4, and c) improving recruiting to DoNU by 5-7 spots annually over his predecessor.

And considering that Riley, while a nice guy, has been a .500 guy for most of his life, I don't expect we'll sniff any of this come next year or 2017...and we'll hopefully be throwing a ticker-tape parade for Scott Frost as he marches down Vine Street toward Memorial Stadium.

The biggest expectation is having Eichorst, Riley, and friends removed from the program. There is a massive derth in leadership down there that unfortunately will not be removed for a few years. The only thing worse then watching talent and resources being wasted is watching time being wasted. Can't get time back.

None of this leadership has shown any signs of actual leadership or quality decision making. We had or worst loss in fifty years and our athletic director writes a fricken letter. A letter violating his own policy of commenting on coaches during the year, which he had already violated once before. He sends the coaches to take all the flack while sending out a letter. That's not leadership. He also makes the decision to bring in a 62 year old coach who is going to completely change the offense and defense. To accommodate this we have to wait 2-4 years for 'his guys to get down here.' Great, so we will now have 64-68 year old head coach with a couple of years before he needs to retire or watch football pass him by if it hasn't already. Thats a lot of time and money wasted when time is the one thing that hurts the most to lose.

This team is exactly what a poorly coached team is: highly penalized and turnover prone. He has a .536 winning record over a career. I would love to be optimistic but the decisions that have been made during the season give little hope of anything better then .536. Look at the teams and coaches we beat this year:

South Alabama - 5-6 Not much needs said here

Southern Miss - 0-12 in 2013, 3-9 in 2014, with improvement in 2015.

Minnesota - 5-7 coach retires weeks later

MSU - Will tip my hat to this, except the said fact shows out talent is close to the big boys. Msu came to play.

Rutgers - 4-8 Whole athletic department canned.

This is embarrassing.

Now the teams we lost included an interim coach. a coach fired mid season, Purdue, a first year coach (one year removed from another first year coach). There is little to look forward to with this coaching staff except for quotes such as 'we have to pass the ball better to run the ball,' 'I was spooked because our one short yardage run play was already stopped for no loss,' paying 450,000 for a special teams coordinator (his sole responsibility) that constantly looks worse then the other teams special teams. It is evident they don't want to run the ball or adjust their schemes which means the program is going to be at the mercy of one single 18 year old kid from California. None of it makes sense.

This^^^^^

DROP THE MIC.

Mike Riley reminds me of Jeff Fisher. Everyone thinks they're amazing coaches yet there never seems to be any tangible results.

It's the "nice" factor. No one wants the bad karma that comes with calling the nicest man in the world a football imbecile. Did I just do that? Anyway, I can apply it to the mating game as well. A person has to choose how they're going to be chosen by the opposite sex. Physical attractiveness or being nice. If you're 300lbs with acne you better learn how to be as nice as kermit the frog. If you're hot, you can be a jerk. Anybody think Riley is hot?

Riley is a .500 coach. He had the talent to win more games this year had he truly played to the strengths of the players.

HE HAD HIS GUYS AT OSU. And still produced .546 career there............. Why does anyone suddenly think he will win here? What in his resume or previous performance says that he will change. The worrisome issue is that piss poor coaching cost some games. Not players, talent or "want to", but coaching. As Lightfighter said, look at who we lost to. That should never happen at NU. Not with some guy with such an incredible coaching pedigree..

We will suffer through the next few years until Riley is gone. Sadly, I wouldn't make a move until SE is kicked to the curb. I figure settle in for some 7-5, 8-4 seasons with a crazy win (MSU) every season, but playing for no conference championships or big bowls....

Win 70%+ of games and graduate good student athletes. Hopefully that includes some 10 to 12 win regular seasons.

Run a clean program.

Doing that didnt work well for the last guy. Thankfully Bo's focus on making good students is helping this coach get to a bowl game on 5 wins. Maybe MR should split his $150,000 bonus with Bo since that's the reason we qualify.

They can say what ever they want about why BP was fired, he was fired because of the way he acted on the sideline, towards his bosses, towards the fan base and media. I was fine with his coaching and was very happy with the academic standards he set as a HC, but that type of personality is exhausting. If you have neve worked with or for someone like that you will never know. I have had a boss like that, it was like walking on egg shells all the time. One minute he was great and the next he would blow up about some stupid insignificant thing.

If BP would have won 70+% of his games and had that type of academic record and a better additude about things, he would still be at Nebraska. He doesn't have to be the nicest guy in the world, he just needs to not be a big dick.

We had a nice winner with Frank and ran him out of town, too.

Nebraska fans need to fix themselves.

I agree fans need to fix themselves but didn't Franks uh little Frankie .. get him fired? or have a lot to do with it??