The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

I'll take my opinion right here just like all of you do. Pretty sure most of you had opinions on the last coaching staff that didn't bring anything to the board. Sorry I'm not impressed with some of the hires Reilly has made. Pretty sure you can go to the Reggie Davis thread and see I haven't made one post on it.

Not saying everyone is going to agree, but the staff is here and to go on & on about your dislike is old. Be a true fan and support the Big Red.

Not sure what's so negative about my comments. Just pointing out that if this guy was really any good he wouldn't be at Uconn or Cincinnati. Seems to be a life long average coach.

Over the last few weeks, you have shown to have potential as a lifelong below average poster. You have added nothing to any discussion except that all the hires suck. It is clear you don't support anything. Please take it to the the Youngstown board Kaz.

Why is it ok for the sunshine pumpers to get excited over nothing (what some considered lackluster hires). But when someone isnt impressed, the sunshine pumpers jump all over him, calling him "not a fan", "go follow Bo", etc. I wanted Bo and his staff of HS coaches gone 3 years ago..... and i am very underwhelmed by the several of Riley's hires. This is no different than the Bo pumpers saying we had injuries, wait till next year, we dont have talent here yet, blah blah blah - and calling people names and degrading them because they didnt support Bo..... we know how that turned out.

Redder, they have an ignore function! Try using it next time instead of proving what most of us already thought about you.

Like I said before get over it and support. day after day is getting old!

• Fire 1

People want this amazing make believe staff consisting of Rex Ryan and Scott Frost and Ed Orgeron and Will Muschamp and Chip Kelly and Bill Belichick?

+1 to this. I guess I don't get it, if you assemble an all star support staff, in 2-3 years those guys are all gone and you have to replace them all again. The way I look at is, alot of these guys seem to be off the radar a little bit which I have little qualm with. If it works, awesome these guys will most likely stick around as they all seem to have good relationships with Riley. If it doesn't work, well the lot is getting flushed and you're in the same boat you were in with the first scenario.

I don't think there's a lot of negativity about Riley and his hires.

Just a handful of people who make a lot of posts. Some clearly think we made a mistake firing Bo. Some are merely preaching caution, which is hard to argue.

They get a little predictable, and occasionally verge into the idiotic, but I don't think they taint the general optimism.

The truth is we won't know anything beyond speculation for 9 months.

9 excruciatingly long months.

• Fire 1

I haven't seen anything on here saying we wanted a superstaff. But some of us aren't as blown away by this hire as the rest of you.

Not so much people wanting a superstaff, but there's been plenty of bitching about not getting a "splash" hire. As if a "splash" hire instantly equals success. In the same breath, Riley not being a splash hire doesn't mean he will fail. He may, he may not. We will find out.

I guess I can't understand how some of the same people who supported this last staff would be so reluctant to support this staff. If you liked the last staff then you'd have to love these new guys. These new guys blow the last guys out of the water. Bo wasn't a splash hire. Tim Beck, Shawn Watson, Papuchis, Kazinski, Warren, Garrison, Cotton........no splash hires there.

So why now is it such a huge deal that we get this splash hire? It means nothing. Nothing except some big name for the ladies to gossip about in their morning coffee and doughnut circles.

I'm not looking for a splash hire but in not wowed by 2 or 3 hires. But according to almost every person on here every person Riley has hired is the best coach ever and are positive that they are so much better than the old staff. Sorry I'm not sold on all of these guys.

But according to almost every person on here every person Riley has hired is the best coach ever

I am positive this staff is better. If after all the audio leaks, blow outs and other embarrassments you don't feel that way, we'll have to agree to disagree.

The common 'positive' theme I see on this board is "not who I would of hired, but it's an upgrade. Let's support this staff and see how it plays out".

The common 'negative' theme is "another crap hire".

You are going to have to provide any sort of evidence (link or copy) were anyone has said what you are claiming.

• Fire 2

You're kidding me about being sarcastic right? Have you been on the board the last 3 months? There have been people on here saying things about the old staff that make the things Bo said about Eichorst seem like child's play. Don't lecture me. This whole board has a lack of respect for coaching.