The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

But according to almost every person on here every person Riley has hired is the best coach ever

I am positive this staff is better. If after all the audio leaks, blow outs and other embarrassments you don't feel that way, we'll have to agree to disagree.

The common 'positive' theme I see on this board is "not who I would of hired, but it's an upgrade. Let's support this staff and see how it plays out".

The common 'negative' theme is "another crap hire".

You are going to have to provide any sort of evidence (link or copy) were anyone has said what you are claiming.

Come on, you know he is exaggerating a bit but you clearly get the point. That running back coach he hired had some people creaming themselves...

It is like when you say "Uggg, I hate that guy, I could kill him" you probably don't mean you want to kill him but you are making a point.

Here. I will help him out because I can't stand it when people refuse to accept sarcasm and exaggeration.

I think that ever person Riley has hired, including the support staff, is the best coach/person/work ever.

This whole board has a lack of respect for coaching.

Sounds like he is already off to a good start with the hiring of Banker and Read. It's not a good sign when the Oregon state play by play guy says they suck.

Is that the same Monte Kiffin that got run out of USC because he couldn't stop a spread team? I win

Because he needs somebody to help him with his walker so he can get to the field?

if this guy was really any good he wouldn't be at Uconn or Cincinnati. Seems to be a life long average coach.

I just think it's funny that a lot of the same people that thought Fisher, Kaz and Warren were bad hires now have no problem with Riley bringing in a highschool wide receivers coach and a assistant strength coach.

Didn't say Fisher's resume was as good as Johnson's. Just wondering why there isn't any questions about these coaches? I don't remember a lot of love for Warren when he was hired last year. You guys are the experts is every hire Riley has made a home run?

All this proves is that there are as many idiots in Oklahoma as there is in Nebraska.

Went ahead and added the link from January 2014 when Warren was hired. In one of your rants you indicated that you dont remember much of a positive vibe when he was hired. Looks far more positive than what we are seeing right now.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/68709-new-db-coach-search/page-1

I read this board several times a day seven days a week and there has been NOTHING said that matches Bo's "c" word comment about SE.

If you have such a problem with the board then you are free to leave sir.

Sorry, but you are just wrong.

Bo was called "a trailor trash piece of sh#t" among other things.

are you really comparing that to being called a c##t????

I'll take my opinion right here just like all of you do. Pretty sure most of you had opinions on the last coaching staff that didn't bring anything to the board. Sorry I'm not impressed with some of the hires Reilly has made. Pretty sure you can go to the Reggie Davis thread and see I haven't made one post on it.

Irrespective of whether I agree with your opinion, I encourage you to keep posting.

Not sure what's so negative about my comments. Just pointing out that if this guy was really any good he wouldn't be at Uconn or Cincinnati. Seems to be a life long average coach.

Over the last few weeks, you have shown to have potential as a lifelong below average poster. You have added nothing to any discussion except that all the hires suck. It is clear you don't support anything. Please take it to the the Youngstown board Kaz.

Why is it ok for the sunshine pumpers to get excited over nothing (what some considered lackluster hires). But when someone isnt impressed, the sunshine pumpers jump all over him, calling him "not a fan", "go follow Bo", etc. I wanted Bo and his staff of HS coaches gone 3 years ago..... and i am very underwhelmed by the several of Riley's hires. This is no different than the Bo pumpers saying we had injuries, wait till next year, we dont have talent here yet, blah blah blah - and calling people names and degrading them because they didnt support Bo..... we know how that turned out.

Redder, they have an ignore function! Try using it next time instead of proving what most of us already thought about you.

I agree with your "sunshine pumpers" comment. People here have become very negative if you disagree with their opinion.

You're kidding me about being sarcastic right? Have you been on the board the last 3 months? There have been people on here saying things about the old staff that make the things Bo said about Eichorst seem like child's play. Don't lecture me. This whole board has a lack of respect for coaching.

Everyone knows how you feel, time & time again. Please get over it and move forward.

This was long rumored. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed with this one.

As for you being personally disappointed? Who cares. Get over it.

T_O_B

Apparently you do, and I suggest you get over it.

Your suggestion is noted and disregarded. If you are not invited don't join the conversation or is the 'Dr.' your girl friend?

T_O_B

This was long rumored. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed with this one.

As for you being personally disappointed? Who cares. Get over it.

T_O_B

Apparently you do, and I suggest you get over it.

Your suggestion is noted and disregarded. If you are not invited don't join the conversation or is the 'Dr.' your girl friend?

T_O_B

Your a tool. All you do is attack people for stating their opinions. If you don't want to hear a person's opinion, use the ignore button.
  • Fire 2