Penciled in Staff

Buffet and Perlman share a love for atheism so don't look for any buyout- fun tidbit- Perlman (admin) told Coach Bo that he could not have his priest on the sideline while he wore his collar- Bo told admin- if he can't wear the collar, I won't wear the red.

Score one for the Crusades

I know it's Silly Season on Huskerboard, but this is one of the most nonsensical things I've read. In every aspect.

It really is. I'm still trying to figure out all the different ways that it is just completely and totally insane.

I can't even figure out what it means or where it came from. Did this get reported on Fox news or something bc/ it makes as much sense?

GodWillsIt.jpg

Nebraska shares a border with Kansas.

I am hoping that Banker is not DC. Maybe DB or recruiting coordinator. Please not DC.

i feel like we are getting a lump of coal in our stocking!.........half the staff from a 5-7 team.......sh#t!

Everything is going to be sun shiny yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tumblr_lxvw5e9sEM1qjximx.gif

• Fire 1

I don't want the best from NU and OSU. I want the best that we can get. The hire was the time to show the college football world we were not content on being ok, we were going to out spend everyone to hire the best available.....to date, not the splash I had oped for......

Now rumors abound we might be getting his staff from OSU as DC....... give me a frigin break. We will spare no resources my a$$. It looks like we might be getting ready to get our a$$ handed to us. Yes, it's rumors. Yes, nothing is in stone, but if MR was hired for his knowledge and contacts, friggin use them.......recruiting new kids/keeping who we have is dependent on getting the staff known and on the road

• Fire 4

4 or 5 guys out of 9 is not "pretty much their entire staff" -- and only one of those is confirmed. That's not an unreasonable number, I think. What we're all antsy about though is this DC of theirs, given the importance of that position, as well as if we're going to get an ace recruiter like Steele back or not.

You would think that if he was bringing guys from his previous staff here, that they would have been announced already. Leads me to believe that he is looking around for other assistants. If he can't get anyone for a certain position, then he will decide between his OSU's and Nebraska'a staffs, imo.

I don't want the best from NU and OSU. I want the best that we can get. The hire was the time to show the college football world we were not content on being ok, we were going to out spend everyone to hire the best available.....to date, not the splash I had oped for......

Now rumors abound we might be getting his staff from OSU as DC....... give me a frigin break. We will spare no resources my a$$. It looks like we might be getting ready to get our a$$ handed to us. Yes, it's rumors. Yes, nothing is in stone, but if MR was hired for his knowledge and contacts, friggin use them.......recruiting new kids/keeping who we have is dependent on getting the staff known and on the road

I agree with you on the bolded. But also, low publicity doesn't mean low ability. Perhaps Eichorst gave Riley a blank check and these are still the coaches Riley wants.

Also, Riley may feel he needs to keep enough of his staff together to maintain some continuity of culture. It's easier to plug in a Lane Kiffin after a program culture is established than it is to bring in a bunch of coaches from different staffs while trying to establish a program's culture. With several of his same staff coming to Lincoln, he'll need to spend less time getting new coaches up to speed and can instead spend that time coaching the team.

• Fire 1

I wonder if Riley will be loyal like Bo or not. If a position coach is not producing to the expectation over a certain period of time you fire him and bring in someone who you think can do better that is why Riley is getting 2.7 mil to bring in top notch assistant coaches. I understand him bringing some of his assistants from OSU though which has totaled to four so far