Bo has a new job

yeah. Pretty much all of you are reading way too much into his "president" comment. To me, he's only stating it as a matter of fact. He's never had a president/chancellor that KNOW football. And he seems to me to be commenting on it strictly as an advantage of him in this situation.

Now, that is the only comment I'm commenting on. I didnt see/hear any of the presser. I dont know what else he said if there was any other supposed swipes at Nebraska. But the context of this particular instance to me, isnt nothin to get all twisted over.

I'm serioulsy more interested if this supposed rumored recording of the meeting comes out and what was actually said there. It could be the final chapter of this book and actually be the thing that gives us all the closure as to what Bo really is. if he had good things to say and explained some circumstances in a classy manner and "moved on" so to speak, great, we all will wish him well. if not, and he did what frankly all of us probably expect (which is sad in many ways) and that is go on some curse word ridden tyrade blaming everyone from Perlman to TO to the fans and even Sipple's dog, then well, we'll still all be able to move on, but I assume it will be with much more unity as a fanbase that this book is finally closed.

yeah. Pretty much all of you are reading way too much into his "president" comment. To me, he's only stating it as a matter of fact. He's never had a president/chancellor that KNOW football. And he seems to me to be commenting on it strictly as an advantage of him in this situation.

Now, that is the only comment I'm commenting on. I didnt see/hear any of the presser. I dont know what else he said if there was any other supposed swipes at Nebraska. But the context of this particular instance to me, isnt nothin to get all twisted over.

I'm serioulsy more interested if this supposed rumored recording of the meeting comes out and what was actually said there. It could be the final chapter of this book and actually be the thing that gives us all the closure as to what Bo really is. if he had good things to say and explained some circumstances in a classy manner and "moved on" so to speak, great, we all will wish him well. if not, and he did what frankly all of us probably expect (which is sad in many ways) and that is go on some curse word ridden tyrade blaming everyone from Perlman to TO to the fans and even Sipple's dog, then well, we'll still all be able to move on, but I assume it will be with much more unity as a fanbase that this book is finally closed.

Where did this rumor of audiogate II originate? I have seen it a few places over the last couple days. What's to make folks think it will get to the public?

Where did this rumor of audiogate II originate? I have seen it a few places over the last couple days. What's to make folks think it will get to the public?

it started on the rivals board that supposedly a player recorded the whole deal and that someone was getting ahold of it to make it public.

My comments on it are strictly a speculation as to IF it's made public. I have no idea if it will. it probably wont. But if it does, it'll be interesting. And it WILL be news. it WILL be telling.

Hopefully this is a "it a bonus" type statement and not a shot at Perlman. That would be petty, then again I would not put past Pelini (considering some of his past behavior). I am pretty sure that "knowing football" is not the main concern of a board of trustees when hiring a university president (hence the hiring of an athletic director). Nor is it in a president's job description. I doubt Tressel is an expert in physics, so I wonder if the Youngstown State science department is annoyed by that. I am going to be half-full on this and take the statement as Pelini admiring Tressel's past accomplishments.

Ok. I'm backin it up a tad

I just heard Bo's real comment on Gametime. What was left out in the tweet above which made my comment the way I did, was the part about "who's gonna support me". yeah, well, it was swipe at Perlman. no doubt about it. Not that it's been a secret.

I just heard Bo's real comment on Gametime. What was left out in the tweet above which made my comment the way I did, was the part about "who's gonna support me". yeah, well, it was swipe at Perlman. no doubt about it. Not that it's been a secret.

It's mostly swipes at Eichorst, I'd nearly guarantee. Energy vampires don't go down without being petty on the way out.

Great Point, I know when I think of football at UNL the first thing on my mind is "Wow good luck getting support from those guys"

Just three weeks ago all I could read was:

Bo Pelini is just one of five coaches in history to win 9 or more games...yada......yada.....yada......

Now, he's the HC at Youngstown St.

There's a serious disconnect between all the preaching about what a legend Bo was and the reality of the situation.

Reality is if this coach was truly a top coach and praised by all for his achievements, then there's no chance he steps down to Youngstown St. Another Division 1 school would have swept him up in a heartbeat as either HC or DC (being a defensive guru and all).

I know, live and let live, but this seems unprecedented to me and really makes it look like some folks were talking out of their ass.

I can leave it at that.

jamie-foxx-preacher_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

It's possible to be complimentary of Jim Tressel and his new employer without talking bad about Eichorst, Perlman, and Nebraska. Bo chose to not go down that path.

So are you saying it was NOT a slight swipe at the Nebraska administration?

Cuz that's what I thought too, until I heard his whole comment. Now it's obvious it was. He's been a head coach at one place. And the part about "having a president who knows football and WILL SUPPORT ME is something i havent had before....". C'mon. Without the support part, and just the know football part, yeah, you could come to the conclusion I originally came to.

It's possible to be complimentary of Jim Tressel and his new employer without talking bad about Eichorst, Perlman, and Nebraska. Bo chose to not go down that path.

So are you saying it was NOT a slight swipe at the Nebraska administration?

Cuz that's what I thought too, until I heard his whole comment. Now it's obvious it was. He's been a head coach at one place. And the part about "having a president who knows football and WILL SUPPORT ME is something i havent had before....". C'mon. Without the support part, and just the know football part, yeah, you could come to the conclusion I originally came to.

I'm saying that Bo could have taken the high road but chose not too. There was no reason for him to take a swipe at NU during his first speech at YSU.