Bo has a new job

Am I the only one who thinks this sucks? Youngstown is probly going to pay $300k to $400k per year. That leaves UNL on the hook for nearly $1.5 million/year. Total of around $5 to $6 million over the next four years. That sucks. Why couldn't the m-f'r take some mid-level ACC job at a million and a half or so per year? Hell, even the upper MAC jobs pay nearly $1 million. :facepalm:

• Fire 1

Am I the only one who thinks this sucks? Youngstown is probly going to pay $300k to $400k per year. That leaves UNL on the hook for nearly $1.5 million/year. Total of around $5 to $6 million over the next four years. That sucks. Why couldn't the m-f'r take some mid-level ACC job at a million and a half or so per year? Hell, even the upper MAC jobs pay nearly $1 million. :facepalm:

i'm shocked he didn't take a HS coaching job at 100k just to stick it to NU a little more...

• Fire 2

It is a reasonable decision for him, I have to think. He has a duty to mitigate the damages and attempt to secure substantially comparable employment. He is taking a head coaching job in his hometown and gets to work under Tressel. If he would have taken a DC job in Power 5 or NFL, he still has some instability in that position and is taking his young family who knows where. This way, he'll be closer to family and have better job security and a sense of stability for his family.

It does suck for Nebraska.

It is a reasonable decision for him, I have to think. He has a duty to mitigate the damages and attempt to secure substantially comparable employment. He is taking a head coaching job in his hometown and gets to work under Tressel. If he would have taken a DC job in Power 5 or NFL, he still has some instability in that position and is taking his young family who knows where. This way, he'll be closer to family and have better job security and a sense of stability for his family.

It does suck for Nebraska.

Yes, it sucks for us. But there isn't anything we can do about it. Except keep writing those monthly checks. For the next four years.

By the best accounts he got some talk but not an offer from Auburn or South Carolina as a DC and despite the fact that were jobs like Michigan and Wisconsin open... never got a sniff. Oregon State or Colorado State... no substantial reports of interest in Bo.

Guess that national perception is that Bo runs an average program at a powerhouse. That he has melt downs that embarrass the university he works for. And that, at the end of the day, he doesn't recruit all that well or coach all that well in big games.

Good luck to Bo.

But I think these coach searches not including Bo in any way can be taken as proof that not very many out there are believing that Nebraska FIRED a GREAT coach just because he couldn't win the NC.

What is Bo's contract worth, is the question? Nebraska is going to have to make up the difference, I believe.

IIRC it's worth 8 million over the next four years.

7.65 mill over 51 payments of 150k. If he finds a job for more than 1.8 Mil/year, the buyout is void. Anything less, and Nebraska is only responsible for the difference.

• Fire 1