GT: Incarnate Word at Nebraska - 7PM - ESPN3

Obivously the tourney is not out of the picture...but...3 losses now (split with Cincy and Hawaii?) that is 4 losses heading conference play...if you split there and go 8-8...you have 12 losses...with 3 of them being IW/RI/CU...

That is not looking great...but they open up with some weak Big 10 play, so that is a plus

They would have to finish in the top 3 of the Big 10 to even get considered for the dance at this point. That isn't likely going to happen because the offense stinks and the Big 10 is the best Bball conference in the country.

Obivously the tourney is not out of the picture...but...3 losses now (split with Cincy and Hawaii?) that is 4 losses heading conference play...if you split there and go 8-8...you have 12 losses...with 3 of them being IW/RI/CU...

That is not looking great...but they open up with some weak Big 10 play, so that is a plus

They would have to finish in the top 3 of the Big 10 to even get considered for the dance at this point. That isn't likely going to happen because the offense stinks and the Big 10 is the best Bball conference in the country.

Right now...the Big Ten is struggling out of conference. This loss, Michigans losses, Indiana had a lame loss, those did not help...They might be the best by the end of the year

Went to the game and we are still missing 2 players - a point guard & center. I love Benny's intensity, but our half court offense just sucks when he is in the game. And PItchford can not even pronounce defense, let alone spell it.

This is so true! Those are the missing pieces for a lot of teams and when you don't have those two pieces your team can really look bad.

Basically this team is mentally fragile and over-thinking and over-hesitant on court.

It is not an excuse, but a fact.... that if we have Old Testament and Smith playing, we are a vastly superior defensive team. (Walt was schooled big-time last night.....almost embarrassing). Those two injuries to our best defensive post players really exposed us vs. a decent (but no name) team.............and worse, expect more of the same vs Cincinnati on Saturday.

Still, the game was just given away by mystifying decisions......i.e......why was Webster even in the game at crunch time.....I was expecting him to get fouled immediately; why did we purposely inbound the first ball to Shavon (we wanted him to take the free throws of course)........but then HE gives it up immediately to Webster.......who proceeds to throw an ill-fated cross court pass for a turnover; and then most inexplicably.........Petteway (who according to Miles.........HAS NOT INBOUNDED THE BALL ALL YEAR)......takes it upon himself to inbound, panics, fails to run the baseline to change angles, and throws it away.

One other mitigating factor......the LJS this morning has a picture of the foul called on Benny standing still with his hands up just before the shooter crashes into him. Very questionable call.

But, if we have to resort to official's calls to beat I-Word..................we are nowhere near the team we expected to be...........

The really odd part is that we really didn't play all that bad............just a incredible collection of ODD things happened........and we weren't mature enough to rise above it.

The good news is we will have Petteway back next year. No NBA team would want his "skills" after the ugly performances he has shown this year. Doesn't like to play defense, can't go left, not a good passer and there are a hundred guys around the league who can shoot more consistantly. The bad news is we will have Petteway back next year.

I was hoping I would wake up and that game last night was a bad nightmare. But....oh well....

This team reminds me of our HS team this year. Last year both teams had some success that they normally don't have. In the off season, everyone thought they were going to be really good. Start the season, both teams look like if they show up, it's just going to happen.

Neither team is playing with urgency or intensity. Neither team plays with a chip on their shoulder thinking they need to prove something. Their heads are not in the games.

This is extremely disappointing when I thought both my HS and college teams were going to be good and I was going to watch some really good basketball. Instead, I'm stuck watching uninspired games with players that look around like they are in shock when things don't work on the court.

The good news is we will have Petteway back next year. No NBA team would want his "skills" after the ugly performances he has shown this year. Doesn't like to play defense, can't go left, not a good passer and there are a hundred guys around the league who can shoot more consistantly. The bad news is we will have Petteway back next year.

Wow, Really!

No kidding....Ever over react a little Tony????

Let's get real.