Cuba

We have good relations with Vietnam. Until Putin went insane we've had good relations with Russia. We have major trade agreements with China. Why can't we end this stupid Cuba spat?

We can either keep an enemy we helped create 90 miles off our shore or we can make friends and flip them to the Light Side that way. Clearly the embargo hasn't worked.

We have good relations with Vietnam. Until Putin went insane we've had good relations with Russia. We have major trade agreements with China. Why can't we end this stupid Cuba spat?

We can either keep an enemy we helped create 90 miles off our shore or we can make friends and flip them to the Light Side that way. Clearly the embargo hasn't worked.

agree 100%. Seems that the only reason this went on so long was both parties trying to secure the Cuban American votes and therefore the Florida electoral college #s. This has not made any sense since the fall of the Soviet Union. On one hand we have the largest communist country as our biggest trading partner in China and yet we snub the small island nation 90 miles away. As Knapp said, we could have flipped them to the democracy side by now. If the relationships had been normalized decades ago, capitalism may have flipped the nation towards democracy in spite of the Castro brothers.

agree 100%. Seems that the only reason this went on so long was both parties trying to secure the Cuban American votes and therefore the Florida electoral college #s. This has not made any sense since the fall of the Soviet Union. On one hand we have the largest communist country as our biggest trading partner in China and yet we snub the small island nation 90 miles away. As Knapp said, we could have flipped them to the democracy side by now. If the relationships had been normalized decades ago, capitalism may have flipped the nation towards democracy in spite of the Castro brothers.

Here is what I have never understood about the Cuban embargo.

I remember a few years ago, our governor traveling to Cuba and marketing Nebraska ag products and coming back and ranting about what a great trip it was for the state farmers.

Meanwhile, I had a customer that was located not in the US who wanted to resell products into Cuba. We were told we would be in deep doodoo if that happened because of the embargo. That made absolutely no scents to me.

The significant question here is...does Cuba become our 51st state or simply an American territory?

Sure, why not. Add them and Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico, the new state. Cuba, a new territory. IMHO.

The significant question here is...does Cuba become our 51st state or simply an American territory?

Sure, why not. Add them and Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico, the new state. Cuba, a new territory. IMHO.

Just make sure to bring the rum. :D

And cigars! lol

We have good relations with Vietnam. Until Putin went insane we've had good relations with Russia. We have major trade agreements with China. Why can't we end this stupid Cuba spat?We can either keep an enemy we helped create 90 miles off our shore or we can make friends and flip them to the Light Side that way. Clearly the embargo hasn't worked.

So you want to support state sponsored terrorism now?

I have mixed feelings about Puerto Rico becoming a state. I love it just the way it is and want to live there some day.

Then I also believe they deserve to be a state and think they will be soon.

I just don't want it to change much.

Over the last couple I've had the chance to work with 50+ Puertp Ricans. The comments are consistent. The country is beautiful, the economy is bad and the crime has pushed the educated out.

I can only recall one person returning to PR. Most want to stay in Nebraska or States.

I have mixed feelings about Puerto Rico becoming a state. I love it just the way it is and want to live there some day.

Then I also believe they deserve to be a state and think they will be soon.

I just don't want it to change much.

Over the last couple I've had the chance to work with 50+ Puertp Ricans. The comments are consistent. The country is beautiful, the economy is bad and the crime has pushed the educated out.

I can only recall one person returning to PR. Most want to stay in Nebraska or States.

I have a very large customer there so I spend some time there actually with locals and away from tourist traps. I understand what you are saying. However, there are some very nice areas of PR and I have never felt unsafe when I'm there. I drive all over the island and only after dark to I really try to stay away from some areas. No different than any other city in the US.

However, the PR residents I know, want to be a state. They love the US and actually want to pay taxes and contribute to the country more than they are now. In turn, maybe some of the crime issues and economic issues can improve.

Of course people have moved away...moved for a reason. They didn't want to live there anymore. And, people who still live there live there for a reason...they like it and want to make it better.

No different than people who move away from Nebraska compared to the ones who grew up here and stayed.