OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Id rather have a competitive 8-5 team coached by a guy like Riley, than a 10-3 team coached by a douche-bag like Pelini. Just my opinion.

at the end of the day, that is where the divide really is.

For me, sign me up for the 10-3 team every time.

also, what if it was a "noncompetitive" 8-5 team? or a 7-6 team? where is the line?

LOL.

What about a non competitive 10-3 team? Cuz that's what we've been for 4 seasons now. it doesnt even have to be speculated.

• Fire 4

I would really love to ask Bo if complaining about his old job and trashing his old boss "in private", behind someone's back are the actions of a "grown ass man".

Yes...it is the actions of basically all of us.

Who here has NOT bitched about their boss or ex-boss or co-workers to their friends, family and so on. We have all done it...every single one of us.

I am glad he is gone and I have no idea what Riley will do...but lets not start acting like we don't complain about our jobs, bosses and co-workers from time to time.

Just this last month I have said "I hate her", "That person is annoying" "What a loser" "God, I wish they would stay out of my business" about co-workers and the like.

What a load. It is not the actions all of us would take.

If I got fired, I would not call a private meeting of all of the people under me and try to convince them all how horrible the people above me and them are/were. That is the actions of a vindictive idiot. Now, maybe if one of them would call me, I would try to explain my feelings.

Bo could have taken the opportunity to be a positive influence on these kids's lives and he was a pathetic cry baby making everything about how horrible he had it while he trots off with 7.5 million dollars.

Give me a break.

So, if each player had called him and he "explained his feelings" you would have been cool with that? Got it!

Even though in your particular post you told me that my thoughts/ideas were a load...I am assuming a load of crap? Soooo...if that post got you that upset I could only imagine how you might act if you were canned. Just saying.

LOL.....ok.

Until the day a Nebraska fan kills historical trees of a rival or rips the scrotum off of a fan of a rival school, I'll think Bo is full of BS that this is a Nebraska thing. And I guarantee, that the negativity, with similar outcomes is far worse at schools like LSU than it ever will be at Nebraska. If he's ever given the chance to run a top-tier P5 program again, considering his short comings, he'll know true fan vitriol and wish he appreciated what he had here while he was here.

I mean, was he a head coach responsible for historically bad losses at those places -or- was he an assistant while they were competing for championships at those places?

Local media criticism of Bo Pelini was cautious by college football standards, laughably meek by professional sports standards.

Being paid 3 million dollars to coach the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers football team comes with expectations and scrutinty. A competitor wouldn't want it any other way. The stakes are similar at probably 20 other universities and the vast majority of professional sports franchises.

Imagine a coach in Philadelphia telling the fans to go f#*k themselves.

I honestly think Bo Pelini got more support, more forgiveness and more apologists at Nebraska than he would have at many other programs.

If Nebraska fans no longer want to run with the big dogs, then perhaps we were a bit harsh on Mr. Pelini.

I honestly thought most of us simply demanded signs of improvement.

• Fire 3

Sounds like it's all good:

"We have discussed the report with coach. We are confident that Coach will conduct himself accordingly moving forward"

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/dec/18/ysu-issues-statement-pelinis-controversial-nebrask/

Sounds to me like the AD and President of Youngstown State are both p*****s and c***s. If they had any balls whatsoever, they would have stood up for Pelini. It seems clear to me that they don't support the program, those cowardly punk b****es. That statement sounds like it was written by a bunch of f*****g lawyers. No one with amy g*****n core values would know that's a bunch of b******t. If they don't like Pelini, they should do him a favor and just get rid of him.

• Fire 2

My understanding it is a private conversation to his former players at an off campus meeting... My understanding non team required... So private meeting at a private site...

The guy got fired letting off steam. I think most people see it for what it is.

So let's call it for what it is. In his farewell speech, Bo attempted to turn his entire team against the administration and athletic department.

He led a chorus of sniggers as he called his boss, the NU athletic director, every name in the book. (Real cowardice, by the way)

He told players that this place is a (redacted), in part because of "a lot of the former players", among just about everything else.

After all the talk about what a miserable place it was, he suggested Nebraska players take a long hard look at if they'll be happy here and to transfer if they won't.

All of this is beyond horrifying. And plainly it was not the first time he's talked about this, or like this, to his team. That's the man the University of Nebraska employed for seven years to lead a group of over a hundred of its student-athletes, and to represent UNL in the homes of countless high school students around the country.

There's a lot of good things about Bo, too, but there's no getting around that this is who he is, and this is how he's treated this place and the charge he was given. I wish it weren't the case, but it is, and Bo alone is responsible for who he is.

So I'm just wondering, why is Bo telling his players to do what is best for them a bad thing? I still can't figure that one out.

Because people here want (they perceive to be) what's best for NU irrespective of what best for the players. That is the center of this controversy. People consider this "poisoning the well." Bo had his players first, not the university.

How do you feel about him lying about the circumstances of Osborne's departure?

I don't believe for one second that he lied about that. Did he go off the rails in other areas? Yeah. But, there was quite a bit of smoke regarding Harvey when Osborne abruptly announced his retirement. Harvey has quite the ego, and we know Tom won't throw anyone under the bus.
So you think Osborne is lying?

He resigned in leu of being forced out. It's a technicality, but it's not a lie.

Q: Were you forced out as A.D.?

Osborne: I wasnt forced out. I resigned. And thats the end of the story.

I don't trust Harvey at all, and I have little trust in Shawn.

And the fact that they didn't consult with Osborne before firing Bo should give you an indication of the amount of respect they have for his opinion.

It leaves me scratching my head why people are coming out saying they don't trust Shawn Eichorst. Really, what has he done to not have your trust? Repeatedly, we have witnessed Bo not controlling his temper. We have heard one audio tape already of him having absolutely no respect for the fans and administration to the point of him being an immature idiot.

So.....Shawn fires him and all of a sudden we shouldn't trust him?

That makes no sense to me.

I'm scratching my head why people think SE is trustworthy. A good potion of what he has said is lies (see my prior posts and others if you want more detailed break down of why we don't trust him). Firing a coach that has never won less then 9 games in every year he coached and replacing him with one who went 5-7 doesnt make sense to me.