"John Papuchis to go it alone as DC in last game at Nebraska" - AP

Anyone using common sense knew Pap was not qualified to do the job. It is unfair to think he could. I would like to see what he has actually learned. I want him to have the best game possible, for him, but most of all, for the kids, and the Nebraska fans.

Bo was the problem, not Beck, not Pap, not Kaz, none of the assistants. The buck stops with Bo. He selected them, put most in over their heads, so he could run the show. He ran it out of town. These guys have one last job to do for Nebraska, we should all be wishing for their best performance, for them and the team.

I hope to see unparalleled effort, win or lose, play to the end. SC is a good team, a win against them will be noticed, a direct step in the right direction.

WE WILL NOT GET BLOWN OUT. We will cover the number. Bank on it.

what's the number, swami?

Anyone using common sense knew Pap was not qualified to do the job. It is unfair to think he could. I would like to see what he has actually learned. I want him to have the best game possible, for him, but most of all, for the kids, and the Nebraska fans.

Bo was the problem, not Beck, not Pap, not Kaz, none of the assistants. The buck stops with Bo. He selected them, put most in over their heads, so he could run the show. He ran it out of town. These guys have one last job to do for Nebraska, we should all be wishing for their best performance, for them and the team.

I hope to see unparalleled effort, win or lose, play to the end. SC is a good team, a win against them will be noticed, a direct step in the right direction.

Last I saw it was USC -7.

I expected nothing less than this 'throw Bo under the bus now that he's gone' crap from his spineless 'yes man' coordinators. Yes, I am sure Bo micromanaged them & made their jobs difficult. Guess what? They could have left & got a different job...they chose to keep working for Bo.

Reading between the lines - Paps wanted to go with Bo to YSU and Bo said no, so he reacted as Bo had modeled for him. Maybe the same thing with Beck, but he showed more maturity.

Is there any word on who Bo has hired yet? This might be telling

Last I saw it was USC -7.

we'll never cover that spread........will lose by 17 or more..........ugh

People can't really just absolve Papuchis of responsibility can they? It seems silly. Yes, this was Bo's scheme. Yes, Bo called the plays defensively. Still, Papuchis has been a part of this thing for years. With the title of DC, I would expect he was doing a lot of assisting with all of these things.

Are you really serious? Have you ever worked for a bad manager that is a control freak? Pap was/is very new to the business and Bo is about the only name on his resume. So being defiant and trying to force things that he wanted would have only put him on the unemployment line.

Let's just wait for Saturday with an open mind. There are two potential outcomes for this game for NU... either they play lifeless and get blown out worse than Wisconsin OR they play with renewed passion and they play an inspired game. I'm betting the former but maybe Bo was really holding the coaches and players back by his poor managerial skills.

Totally agree. It seems the Husker D was doctor jekyll and mr hyde. Hopefully the good doctor shows up to this game and Bo was just the Hyde. I am really hoping for the best for this team and I hope this doesnt end up being another Solich / Callahan situation that people cant get over.

And by people I mean me. Those were my college years.

I expected nothing less than this 'throw Bo under the bus now that he's gone' crap from his spineless 'yes man' coordinators. Yes, I am sure Bo micromanaged them & made their jobs difficult. Guess what? They could have left & got a different job...they chose to keep working for Bo.

It reminds me of how almost everyone tried to run Watson out of town. Once he left, he became a pretty good OC for Strong. In comes Beck, it's wash; rinse; and repeat. Other than watching over their respective groups during practice, I'm wondering just exactly what any of these coordinators actually did?

• Fire 1

It reminds me of how almost everyone tried to run Watson out of town. Once he left, he became a pretty good OC for Strong. In comes Beck, it's wash; rinse; and repeat. Other than watching over their respective groups during practice, I'm wondering just exactly what any of these coordinators actually did?

Yeah Watson got a raw deal.

I really don't think, regardless of the outcome, we're going to learn much about Paps. Bowl games can be so unpredictable, and this is the strangest bowl game Nebraska has played since 2003. I think it's pretty obvious Bo Pelini was in charge of the defense from start to end, and called the plays. Paps may have helped a bit, but, we'll never know to what extent.

At this point, though, I think Paps wants the team to play well so it looks good for him. I hope for his sake they perform well, if it means he has a better chance of landing a good job elsewhere. I wish no ill will towards any of our coaches or players.