Bo Pelini's connection to YSU

Watching Bo Pelini's YSU introductory press conference, I found a few things interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALJAAsglLSc One was he was contacted by a friend about the job and then pretty much contacted the school to see it they were interested in him. Upon further research, I found a current YSU coach is Ron Stoops. The oldest Stoops brother of Bob, Mark and Mike. http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/index

• Fire 1

Watching Bo Pelini's YSU introductory press conference, I found a few things interesting.

One was he was contacted by a friend about the job and then pretty much contacted the school to see it they were interested in him. Upon further research, I found a current YSU coach is Ron Stoops. The oldest Stoops brother of Bob, Mark and Mike. http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/index
I did a little more research.

It appears as though he was born and raised in Youngstown. Although I could not confirm it, he may still have family there. He also went to a large University in Ohio.

Interesting indeed.

• Fire 1

As predicted, not one useful response to my post.

1. Post didn't indicate that it was unknown to me of the Pelini connection to Youngstown It was his connection to YSU itself.

2. My post referenced that Bo actually contacted the school to gage their interest in him.

3. Also, that again the Stoops family may have been involved in Bo's next coaching stop since their is one Stoops brother on the YSU staff.

Maybe some of you need to pull back a little instead of just looking for a chance to belittle someone's posts.

As predicted, not one useful response to my post.

1. Post didn't indicate that it was unknown to me of the Pelini connection to Youngstown It was his connection to YSU itself.

2. My post referenced that Bo actually contacted the school to gage their interest in him.

3. Also, that again the Stoops family may have been involved in Bo's next coaching stop since their is one Stoops brother on the YSU staff.

Maybe some of you need to pull back a little instead of just looking for a chance to belittle someone's posts.

Thanks for the post. Since you have your

finger on the pulse of YSU football, do you

know what high school JV coach Bo is going

to hire for the DC position?

I dont think this is really news. Why WOULDNT he contact a place he has ties with to try and get a job? The connections to people and hometown and state are just more reason. I guess Im not seeing what was supposed to be surprising about this.

It's not ground breaking news and wasn't projected to be. The points were Bo pretty much contacted the school to gage their interest in him and the connection may have been the Stoops family. I was simply making the "possible" connection for those readers that may not have watched the press conference, etc. etc. If it was not news to you....simply move along.