Good bye Bell

T_O_Bull

As the commentators noted, Kenny Bell also does a lot of good stuff away from the ball to help the team.

That's to go along with four years of highlight reel catches.

Full of himself, but hardly selfish.

The dude looked like he was having himself some fun playing football.

I had fun watching him.

Can we try not to smear bitter hindsight over everything that happened in the last seven years?

There was some good football mixed in there.

As the commentators noted, Kenny Bell also does a lot of good stuff away from the ball to help the team.

That's to go along with four years of highlight reel catches.

Full of himself, but hardly selfish.

The dude looked like he was having himself some fun playing football.

I had fun watching him.

Can we try not to smear bitter hindsight over everything that happened in the last seven years?

There was some good football mixed in there.

Guy, you can keep trying but I give up. Some fans are not happy unless they are complaining.

Went down to UCLA a couple of years ago to see the Huskers play (Finally!!) and while my son and I were standing where the team arrived, KB came off the bus, afro and all. My kid was wearing a #22 jersey (who wasn't back then?) and KB came up, fist bumped my kid, and said "thanks for coming to see us". Fast forward to the Fresno State game this year....KB and Tommy Armstrong both came up to the field rail in the 4th quarter and gave my daughter a wristband and a few other things. Again "thanks for coming to see us".

I don't really care who or what KB had on his arm tape as long as it didn't say FU NU. KB knows Pelini game him a great opportunity....a great education.....and gave him some life skills that we will never know about. So Pelini didn't fit the mold of previous NU coaches. The system finally vetted him out, and he's gone. Move along, support the new staff, and let's look forward to a hopefully positive season next year. Harbaugh going to Michigan might be a tough one to accept though...that guy is a proven winner. Dang.

• Fire 1

Went down to UCLA a couple of years ago to see the Huskers play (Finally!!) and while my son and I were standing where the team arrived, KB came off the bus, afro and all. My kid was wearing a #22 jersey (who wasn't back then?) and KB came up, fist bumped my kid, and said "thanks for coming to see us". Fast forward to the Fresno State game this year....KB and Tommy Armstrong both came up to the field rail in the 4th quarter and gave my daughter a wristband and a few other things. Again "thanks for coming to see us".

I don't really care who or what KB had on his arm tape as long as it didn't say FU NU. KB knows Pelini game him a great opportunity....a great education.....and gave him some life skills that we will never know about. So Pelini didn't fit the mold of previous NU coaches. The system finally vetted him out, and he's gone. Move along, support the new staff, and let's look forward to a hopefully positive season next year. Harbaugh going to Michigan might be a tough one to accept though...that guy is a proven winner. Dang.

He said the exact same thing to me two years ago at the Northwestern game in Evanston. The team bus was 40 yds or so from the lockerroom door, and my truck was parked halfway between the bus and the door. I leaned against my truck after the game waiting for traffic to die down, saying 'hi' to the players as they trickled out the locker room door and headed out to the bus. Most of them just nodded and said 'hi' back to me. Kenny Bell shook my hand and said, "thanks for coming to see us."

I realize he irked a few fans with his remarks about the Pelini situation. But Kenny Bell is a class act. Hope he has a great NFL career. He will be missed at NU.

• Fire 1

Why can't some of you jack asses just appreciate the sh#t the kid did for the program over four years and let it go that he fully sports the coach that recruited him and was a "father figure" for him while here away from his family.. The kid was undersized and beat up a bunch in games yet was hand down, the best run blocker as a receiver we have seen since TOs era. Account, of all people who can throw good NU history with the best, I'd honestly expect so much more out of you. He did nothing that could made us shake our heads at his performance tonight and said the guy could have done more.

what does my knowledge of husker history have to do with my dislike for kennys attitude over the past 12 months from the NCAA issues to his handling of the ladt month. And yeah, ill admit for the sake of this point, as a pot calling a kettle black, he didnt represent nebraska as id hoped. From his constant twitter issues to the pelini tape. Not each specific instance, but the body of work. I wont miss kenny just an opinion. Now Ameer. Thats a leader.

My issues with kenny have nothing to do with his performance between the white lines. I honestly didnt expect much from him this year and on more than a few occasions made me eat crow in that regard.

He's done more in 23 short years than you've probably done in your entire life.

For a great many people on this board, I'd almost guarantee that statement is laughably ignorant.

I have read most of the comments. I think under another coach, everyone would be singing his praise. He did some bone head things, but kids do that. Dealt with kids/young men his age for many years. Most of them make mistakes. All of us do.

I hated the blue shirt under his jersey, trivial to most, but it screamed I am special, above the team.

But overall he is a great kid that tried to help, anyone and everyone.

I am taking my dislike for Bo out of the equation, Kenny loved him, there were reasons that none of us know, does not make him a bad kid.

He played every down full out for Nebraska. Playing while hurt, and most likely not the best offense for his talents. Never quit, loves Nebraska.

That is good enough for me. Good luck Kenny

Why was it too much? The guy loved his coach and Bo will be the only coach that he will have to play for. As much as we hate Bo, I don't think some of you guys realize how much he meant to these kids. They came in as Freshman not really knowing about much, and not only was he their football coach, but also someone who they looked up to. He was a second father for some of these kids.

because hes had 4 god damn weeks to get this sh#t out of his system and go out as a proud HUSKER. Not a damn Boliever. Perfectly depicts all the problems with the program inside and out over the past 7 years. Us vs world. At least under Riley us fans will be back on the US side.

Because you make "the world" seem so wonderful..You have also had 4 weeks to get this sh#t out of your system!

and i did until i sat down to eatch the game last night to see Kenny celebrating a Husker td by rubbing bo frickin pelini back in my face.

Im not fiscussin this any further. I know my opinion is pretty brash. And i understand why. I understand why its been met with some considerable opposition and im fine with that. Opinions are opinions for a reason. I have been severly unimpressed with a lit of Kennys behavior off the field for a while now. My opinion. I wont miss him. It is what it is.