Good bye Bell

T_O_Bull

Kenny is one of the more beloved Huskers currently on this roster.

The dude has tons of fans and always will. His personality, the fro, and his willingness to speak up for his coaches, were all things people loved and respected about him.

He was a great receiver for the most part, a record setter at Nebraska, and a damn good blocking receiver. His block on that Wisconsin kid (God rest his soul) was epic.

The kid gets tons of ass, he has plenty of people telling him how brilliant he is. He'll be okay if I don't carry on stroking his ego.

If he'd have stayed away from the tweeter, he'd probably be all aces in my book.

• Fire 2

Why was it too much? The guy loved his coach and Bo will be the only coach that he will have to play for. As much as we hate Bo, I don't think some of you guys realize how much he meant to these kids. They came in as Freshman not really knowing about much, and not only was he their football coach, but also someone who they looked up to. He was a second father for some of these kids.

because hes had 4 god damn weeks to get this sh#t out of his system and go out as a proud HUSKER. Not a damn Boliever. Perfectly depicts all the problems with the program inside and out over the past 7 years. Us vs world. At least under Riley us fans will be back on the US side.

Because you make "the world" seem so wonderful..You have also had 4 weeks to get this sh#t out of your system!

• Fire 2

Things I didn't like about Kenny:

Him on Twitter discussing paying players

The occasional dropped pass

Things I love about Kenny:

Everything else.

He's passionate, talented, and loyal (to the University, his team, and his coach). I can't believe people are tearing him apart for putting Pelini on his wrist tape. It's sad and disgraceful.

• Fire 2

To me, the thing that Kenny Bell did last night wasn't his great touchdown catch, or holding the block on the perimeter for Ameer's TD. It was Kenny wandering over to the hurt USC player while the trainers worked on him and giving advice on how he should be breathing to get his wind back. That's classic Kenny Bell. I used to laugh at Bell pointing Martinez towards the end zone when he broke free, or pointing out who should block who as he went down the field. Bell was always trying to be useful, whether it was catching, blocking, calming down Bo, or giving free medical advice to the opposing team. Kenny was always a presence, and trying to be a positive one at that.

I, for one, will miss him.

Here's Bell celebrating with a referee, of all things:

Kenny.jpg

• Fire 9

Bell has made a lot big plays receiving, returning kicks and blocking throughout his career. Not the greatest college receiver I've ever seen, but he did pretty darn good on the field for us for 4 years.

As for the other stuff that gets under people's skin, and sometimes mine, I just do my best to roll my eyes & block it out the best I can. If he was a pro, I'd carry a different tune and would be more verbal about it. That being said, I appreciate what he's done on the field over the years. Pretty good football player.

I'm as glad to see Bo gone as anybody, but I don't see anything wrong with these guys supporting the coach that they played for for the last 4 years. Say what you will about Bo, but his players obviously had a ton of respect for the guy.

As for Bell, I'd have loved to see what he could do for Coach Riley. While I wouldn't say he's an elite receiver, he made some pretty big plays as a Husker.

Ameer had Bo knows on him.

Jake cotton had BO on the back of his helmet

I think Gregory had Bo knows also.

Yet you people want to call out something Bell has had on his arms for 4 years here at Neb. Those are the so called fans that say they are the best and don't know crap about this team. Want to criticize every little thing that goes wrong.

Why was it too much? The guy loved his coach and Bo will be the only coach that he will have to play for. As much as we hate Bo, I don't think some of you guys realize how much he meant to these kids. They came in as Freshman not really knowing about much, and not only was he their football coach, but also someone who they looked up to. He was a second father for some of these kids.

because hes had 4 god damn weeks to get this sh#t out of his system and go out as a proud HUSKER. Not a damn Boliever. Perfectly depicts all the problems with the program inside and out over the past 7 years. Us vs world. At least under Riley us fans will be back on the US side.

4 weeks to completely rid himself of a 5+ year relationship, especially as one as public as this firing...ok

• Fire 1

Yet you people want to call out something Bell has had on his arms for 4 years here at Neb. Those are the so called fans that say they are the best and don't know crap about this team. Want to criticize every little thing that goes wrong.

Exactly what I was saying last night and today....

If you want to keep going one could add Kieron Williams, Tareeq Allen, VV, Josh Kalu, and the whole team for leaving an open seat on the bus

"Some" I believe is the operative word.

Sigh...I didn't like a lot of things KB posted and such but come on guys. You want KB to go out with class and you send him off like this. Did you see his pregame tweets?

@

One last game day as a husker. It's been an honor. GBR!!!! https://twitter.com/hashtag/SALUTE?src=hash

— Kenny Bell (@AFRO_THUNDER80) https://twitter.com/AFRO_THUNDER80/status/548898979354656768

KB will always be a Husker. That's all I have to say. edit: and damn twitter code

I didn't see that until just now. Prior to seeing it I was just hoping KB would someday be proud of being a Husker. Now I know he is. I'm thankful because I know what that feeling is. Brings me back every year to rekindle what it is to be part of this great "family." I grew up in Illinois and live here now, but I will always bleed Husker Red. Thanks Kenny and thanks Husker Nation. We have something sooo very special and no rift will ever tear us apart. Great effort yesterday amid difficult times. We may argue amongst ourselves, but we still love each other.

4 weeks to completely rid himself of a 5+ year relationship, especially as one as public as this firing...ok

Let's not ever consider devotion to be a negative quality.