Jim Harbaugh reportedly heading to Michigan

r06ue1

I remember when Brady Hoke was a home run hire.... Fans, and media alike, loved the guy (and the hire). Talks of championships could be heard in Lincoln. The last two highly praised hires at Michigan have failed miserably (Hoke, and Rodriguez), so I wouldn't just assume this one works out...

Just because the guy is a rock star doesn't mean success is imminent.... And just because Riley didn't have success at the outpost that is Oregon State, doesn't mean he won't win championships at a place like Nebraska....

Thus is nothing like the Hoke hire nor Rich Rod. This is closer to Urban coming to OSU.

I think harbaugh is a good coach, but what has he done to be compared to urban? Urban has two national titles, and is making a run at a third right now. Harbaugh won the PAC 12 once, with Andrew luck as his qb. I think he will have success, I'm just not convinced that Michigan is all of the sudden a world beater. Urban has been doing it consistently for many years now, Jim had one successful college season. And notice none of his former teams were sorry to see him go. I think this may be a very short term solution for Michigan, he seem to be a head case that burns bridges. Good coach though, for short bursts

Harbaugh's a good coach and this is a slam dunk hire for Michigan. It's good for the Big Ten. It doesn't diminish the hiring of Riley. Both teams knew what they wanted, and it looks like both teams will get who they wanted.

Very exciting for the Big Ten. We'll now have Meyer at Ohio State, Harbaugh at Michigan, Dantonio at Michigan State, Franklin at Penn State, Riley at Nebraska, Chryst at Wisconsin, and Kill at Minnesota. Those are 7 excellent coaches.

I remember when Brady Hoke was a home run hire.... Fans, and media alike, loved the guy (and the hire). Talks of championships could be heard in Lincoln. The last two highly praised hires at Michigan have failed miserably (Hoke, and Rodriguez), so I wouldn't just assume this one works out...

Just because the guy is a rock star doesn't mean success is imminent.... And just because Riley didn't have success at the outpost that is Oregon State, doesn't mean he won't win championships at a place like Nebraska....

Thus is nothing like the Hoke hire nor Rich Rod. This is closer to Urban coming to OSU.

Yeah, that's the hire I thought about. This is a homerun for Michigan. I wonder how it will impact their recruiting for this year's 2015 class. Not much time to work his recruiting magic for this year.

Yeah, that's the hire I thought about. This is a homerun for Michigan. I wonder how it will impact their recruiting for this year's 2015 class. Not much time to work his recruiting magic for this year.

Summary of how recruits have reacted thus far...

http://mgoblog.com/content/monday-recruitin-readies-floodgates#more

Michigan is going to be broker than a broke dick dog for a few years

hahahahaha you dont get it, do you?

enlighten me

Michigan has the money...They wouldn't offer if they didn't.

They without a doubt hired "up". MU fans are excited and "can't wait" while NU fans are stuck in "wait and see..."

Big difference about the excitement behind the hires.

True, but I think Michigan is going to be paying for this hire for many years to come. I don't see Harbaugh staying in the college ranks for long. I'm not impressed with him as a coach either.

If he leaves on his own, they will owe nothing, heck, they might even get paid handsomely from the buyout. Nebraska's coach may also potentially retire in 5 years, or he may coach for 15 more. Same with Harbaugh. At least Harbaugh roots at Michigan that will help to keep him there.

Honest question, why are you not impressed?

I can't really pinpoint why. But there's just something about him that makes me believe Michigan sold its soul to the devil if they do in fact hire him. Looking at his coaching record, he had two decent seasons at Stanford but his first two were losing seasons. At San Fran, he seems to have lost control of his teams with some reports saying he's not respected. Plus he comes across as a whiny ass bitch.

Sounds like ESecPN is your source of info...

Some SF player reaction within this blog (links included)

http://mgoblog.com/content/unharbaugh-vorharbaugh

What kind of money are they going to have for the rest of the program? Michigan pushed all the chips to the center of the table.

Ross probably gave them the 50 million out of his billion dollar pockets. Or this....

According to a report in the Journal & Courier, the Big Ten projects that its revenues will continue to grow each year, and with a new television deal on the way, the conference expects 12 of its 14 schools to pull in approximately $44.5 million during the 2017-18 school year. That would be the first year of the new television deal.

While the $44.5 million payoff is still four years away, don't worry, Big Ten schools won't go broke before then. The conference projects schools will pull in $27 million this year, $30.9 million in 2014-15, $34.1 million in 2015-16 and $35.5 million in 2016-17.

and maybe this...

RANK SCHOOL REVENUE EXPENSES

1 Texas $165,691,486 $146,807,585

2 Wisconsin $149,141,405 $146,659,187

3 Alabama $143,776,550 $116,607,913

4 Michigan $143,514,125 $131,018,311

5 Ohio State $139,639,307 $116,026,329

John U. Bacon@Johnubacon 31m

BREAKING NEWS: Straight from UM AD Jim Hackett. Harbaugh's salary will be roughly $5M a year, plus incentives, same basic contract as 49ers.

Just to add to this....I think someone posted he was all about the money.

Per Bacon, Harbaugh did not want to be the highest-paid coach in college football. His focus was more on money for his coaching staff in total.

This is contradictory to what's been reported for weeks by multiple outlets, including the NFL Network. Earlier in December, reports surfaced that Harbaugh would be paid up to $8 million per season at Michigan.

At the moment, Alabama coach Nick Saban is the country's highest-paid college football coach at $7.16 million per year, per USA Today's annual coaching database.

Former Michigan coach Brady Hoke earned roughly $3.3 million per season during his four years at the school.

If Harbaugh is paid $5 million per season, his salary would rank No. 6 nationally, slightly behind Texas' Charlie Strong, who makes just over $5 million per.

• Fire 1