****ALL PELINI ERA TEAM**** (FB, TE, C)

Redux

Who was the best?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why isn't this a public pole so I can ridicule people's votes?

FB-Legate

TE-McNeil

C-Hickman

Legate was really the last time we even used a fullback. McNeil was a do all tight end, the next closest at that position would have been B.Cotton because he could block and catch but he was just to slow in the open field. Reed was a good receiver but couldn't block to save his life. Went with Hickman over Caputo, simply because Mike was too small even though he didn't show in his play.

McNeil

Legate

Jackson

Jackson was a massive upgrade over Caputo. Poll results boggle my mind on this one. Hickman was probably the most talented on that list. Could have had a great Husker career and a real shot at a decent NFL career if his body held up. But, it didn't. Got to go with Jackson. Miss seeing that guy pull around the edge to blow up a linebacker or DB.

I flipped a coin between Tyler Legate & CJ Zimmerer. I'd take either.

Of all the crimes committed by the last administration - and there were many - the fact that we didn't exploit the crazy mismatch Kyler Reed presented with ANY linebacker is perhaps the most glaring. His freshman year, Spring Game, I'd never heard of this kid. They threw a pass to him out in the flat and he blazed down the sideline for a TD, had to be 50-60 yards. Guys had an angle on him and he still got past them with pure speed. So what does Beck do with this guy? He uses him to block. He uses him as a decoy. He never, ever got him isolated on a LB in space. He used Reed for short passes, curl routes, or to pull defenders away in the pattern. Still burns my ass to this day.

I get The Dude's point about Justin Jackson, and I'd take him in a heartbeat. I took Caputo purely out of respect for his heart. The dude had more fight in him than guys twice his size.

• Fire 1

I flipped a coin between Tyler Legate & CJ Zimmerer. I'd take either.Of all the crimes committed by the last administration - and there were many - the fact that we didn't exploit the crazy mismatch Kyler Reed presented with ANY linebacker is perhaps the most glaring. His freshman year, Spring Game, I'd never heard of this kid. They threw a pass to him out in the flat and he blazed down the sideline for a TD, had to be 50-60 yards. Guys had an angle on him and he still got past them with pure speed. So what does Beck do with this guy? He uses him to block. He uses him as a decoy. He never, ever got him isolated on a LB in space. He used Reed for short passes, curl routes, or to pull defenders away in the pattern. Still burns my ass to this day.I get The Dude's point about Justin Jackson, and I'd take him in a heartbeat. I took Caputo purely out of respect for his heart. The dude had more fight in him than guys twice his size.

Caputo was all heart, but so was Hickman. Dude gave up his body, and hung up his cleats for good when he was done here.

FB - Andy Janovich. You know when I first saw Janovich last year as a true freshmen on some very important plays, I thought maybe we were going back to utilizing the FB as more than just a blocker. Tim Beck proved me wrong, but hey at least Janovich brought a FB flash.

TE - Kyler Reed. Tough call between Reed and McNeill. McNeill was the bigger reliable TE you could trust to run the correct route and had the steady hands for the catch. But Reed was just a fast TE that could stretch the field like a slot receiver. Again tough call. Where McNeill excelled at blocking, but lacked speed, Reed had the speed, but lacked the blocking.

C - Mike Caputo. Small Center that started it all. By that I mean the tradition of Nebraska using undersized Centers. Didn't mean it was a bad thing, Caputo definitely did his job well.