Shatel: Nebraska would be wise to remain on good terms with Frost

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/shatel-nebraska-would-be-wise-to-remain-on-good-terms/article_15a887f3-cdb7-5f33-a252-3dce936d9785.html

Did Nebraska contact you after firing Bo Pelini?

“No,” Frost said. “I was never contacted by Nebraska in regards to any position.”

Were you surprised NU didn’t call?

Frost said no, then declined to comment, other than to add, “I wish Mike Riley the best. I think he’s a good coach.”

The more interviews I see with him and the more speaking engagements I have seen him do make me think he would have been a great choice for Nebraska, even this year. I do not get the feeling that he would surround himself with anything but the very best.

With that being said...I think he has no desire to be a head coach right now and I don't blame him. He probably makes like 400K right now, I am sure he made decent coin while in the NFL, he is young, single and can enjoy his life where as head coach at NU it would be like having 2 million private eyes watching him 24/7.

For me ... it's absolutely stunning that he was never contacted or any convo whatsoever. I'll forever be "butt hurt" over that.

I'll continue to hope the "ship hasn't sailed" and Coach Riley will restore the :bigredn: in these next five (5) years and have an up-and-coming program to hand off to Scott who is ready, willing and able ...

BUT I DON'T THINK that Scott will be available nor would he entrust himself to the current leadership of this university (and I think he is a smart man for seeing that).

I think the most surprising thing in the article is that he doesnt have a wife. Married to his work I guess.

No, he's enjoying the fact that he can slay hot trim while living in a college town.

Yeah, I can't think of one reason why he would want to be married right now.

1. Rich

2. Cool job

3. Rich

4. Good looking guy

5. Doesn't need anyone to split the cable bill with

• Fire 1

I think the most surprising thing in the article is that he doesnt have a wife. Married to his work I guess.

No, he's enjoying the fact that he can slay hot trim while living in a college town.

1. Rich

2. Cool job

3. Rich

4. Good looking guy

You forgot that he goes to work every day on a college campus!!! Now undergrads may be off limits, but I am sure Oregon has some hotties going through graduate classes. I am sure there he has gone through his share of women getting their Masters in Marketing.
  • Fire 1

1. Rich

2. Cool job

3. Rich

4. Good looking guy

Maybe Lawrence Phillips scarred him for life?

For me ... it's absolutely stunning that he was never contacted or any convo whatsoever. I'll forever be "butt hurt" over that.

I'll continue to hope the "ship hasn't sailed" and Coach Riley will restore the :bigredn: in these next five (5) years and have an up-and-coming program to hand off to Scott who is ready, willing and able ...BUT I DON'T THINK that Scott will be available nor would he entrust himself to the current leadership of this university (and I think he is a smart man for seeing that).

Oh good lord.