Way Too Early 2015 Top 25 Poll

why on earth would Nebraska be ranked next year? so many question marks! Our new coach has never won any championship of any kind and he's now gonna be facing more pressure in a tougher conference than the one he just left.. it's laughable really..

And Ohio St with Urban M is going to be Rileys Oregon.

You know, except 850 miles away instead of 40.

I've long be a proponent of just starting the next year whatever you were ranked the previous year. You are what you are until somebody knocks you off or you prove yourself to be better by beating someone.

I disagree, last year's team should have little bearing on a ranking of this year's team other than a shallow baseline. I also believe those that aren't comfortable with making major changes to the preseason poll, even dropping teams that win in the first month should have their voting rights taken away. The preseason poll is based on nothing and the first month or even six weeks, you shouldn't be beholden to it in any way.

I've long be a proponent of just starting the next year whatever you were ranked the previous year. You are what you are until somebody knocks you off or you prove yourself to be better by beating someone.

I disagree, last year's team should have little bearing on a ranking of this year's team other than a shallow baseline. I also believe those that aren't comfortable with making major changes to the preseason poll, even dropping teams that win in the first month should have their voting rights taken away. The preseason poll is based on nothing and the first month or even six weeks, you shouldn't be beholden to it in any way.

Bingo!!!!!

Too often perception is based on what happens in the first three weeks of the season because ABC team beat XYZ team that was ranked 6th in the country. Meanwhile, half way through the season we all realize XYZ team really isn't very good. But...ABC has already propelled up the rankings based on that win.

It's a ridiculous system.

why on earth would Nebraska be ranked next year? so many question marks! Our new coach has never won any championship of any kind and he's now gonna be facing more pressure in a tougher conference than the one he just left.. it's laughable really..

And Ohio St with Urban M is going to be Rileys Oregon.

Ohio St with Urban just might be everyone's Oregon for a while.

That said, we don't yet know how things are going to turn out. Maybe Riley will become Urban's worst nightmare. We can only hope. :)

Should take the final rankings and carry them over to the start the season.

The second rule should state that any loss during the first 4 weeks removes the team from top 25. No hard feelings but, Buh-Bye.

Which then lets other programs & fan bases including non P5 schools enjoy being ranked if that happens.

Because by week 6 the committee gathers and starts from scratch.

Which means a team that loss on opening day, got dropped out of the rankings, could be 5-1 and suddenly ranked #10 from the committee.

Thoughts?

How about just not doing rankings until about week 5-6?

Anything earlier than that is based on absolutely nothing.

that is quite the overstatement.

people put too much stock into these rankings when they do not matter. if you say a team is ranked high because of hype, then fine. there is going to be hype around that team regardless of rank. this is all just entertainment.

• Fire 1

Well, hopefully by the time the season starts some of these polls will become more realistic. I don't care what excuses or justification the pollsters make...USC anywhere near the top 10 is ridiculous.

I would say I don't give a crap about the polls, but as we all know...if you start low in the polls, you have to go undefeated (or come up with some really big wins if you do happen to drop a game early) to be considered for playoff contention. If you are USC, or Oklahoma, or Oregon, or ANY SEC team, you can lose a game (or so) and still be considered for contention.

It's too bad the playoff committee gives the polls any weight, but unfortunately they do.