GT: Nebraska at #7 Wisconsin - 8PM - ESPN2

That technical at the end of the half? With two seconds left? That changed the game. 2 cheap fouls on Shields in the first 5 minutes changed the game. The garbage 4th foul on Shields when he was literally pleading with the officials cuz the Hayes had HIS arm tangled changed the game. I think we was down 5 or so at that point, and you just gave one of our two top scorers his 4th foul with 15 minutes left. It's garbage.

I agree the officiating was awful. And it seems Miles (even though he is really fairly mild-mannered......especially compared to some of the theatrics other coaches get away with) inexplicably seems to get more than his share of "T"s.

But, having said that, until we start showing some life and urgency on offense, we are not going to get many calls passing the ball around the perimeter and then clearing out for Terran on a dwindling shot clock looking desperate.

Without potential scoring threats down low, we have to attack the rim and draw some fouls.

That technical at the end of the half? With two seconds left? That changed the game. 2 cheap fouls on Shields in the first 5 minutes changed the game. The garbage 4th foul on Shields when he was literally pleading with the officials cuz the Hayes had HIS arm tangled changed the game. I think we was down 5 or so at that point, and you just gave one of our two top scorers his 4th foul with 15 minutes left. It's garbage.

I agree the officiating was awful. And it seems Miles (even though he is really fairly mild-mannered......especially compared to some of the theatrics other coaches get away with) inexplicably seems to get more than his share of "T"s.

But, having said that, until we start showing some life and urgency on offense, we are not going to get many calls passing the ball around the perimeter and then clearing out for Terran on a dwindling shot clock looking desperate.

Without potential scoring threats down low, we have to attack the rim and draw some fouls.

Miles got a T because he is a fun/nice guy...so that is what refs are used to, then when he "barks" a bit it is out of character for him so he gets the T...Bo Ryan barks the entire game...so the refs are used to that.

Seth Greenberg on Leslie Smith "He had an ACL in July"

Yes, most people have ACL's....

I had no idea who that dude was until he just showed up on ESPN one day and now he's one of their main college basketball analysts. Instant change of channel anytime I see him on air.

I believe he was the coach at Virginia Tech (?).........but regardless, his was the team that seemingly EVERY YEAR got screwed out of the dance having their bubble burst on selection Sunday.....

Seth Greenberg on Leslie Smith "He had an ACL in July"

Yes, most people have ACL's....

I had no idea who that dude was until he just showed up on ESPN one day and now he's one of their main college basketball analysts. Instant change of channel anytime I see him on air.

I believe he was the coach at Virginia Tech (?).........but regardless, his was the team that seemingly EVERY YEAR got screwed out of the dance having their bubble burst on selection Sunday.....

Yeah, he was at VaTech. I actually think he has some good stuff to say, not that I watch a lot of college basketball....

We are an average team and got spoiled last year because we got hot at the end of the season. I am tired of Petteway playing the point and Benny standing in the corner. We can not win with Parker & Rivers starting. These guys should be coming off the bench and playing no more than 15 minutes. Miles has proved that he can recruit good players and it just a matter of time before we can compete with the big dogs.

We are an average team and got spoiled last year because we got hot at the end of the season. I am tired of Petteway playing the point and Benny standing in the corner. We can not win with Parker & Rivers starting. These guys should be coming off the bench and playing no more than 15 minutes. Miles has proved that he can recruit good players and it just a matter of time before we can compete with the big dogs.

So who do you suggest play in place of Parker and Rivers?

Hammonds not ready. Fuller's not ready.

You think if there wasnt a better option they wouldnt be on the floor already?

But the rest, your assessment about last year, is spot on. We did get spoiled by lightening in a bottle for a month. Pitch, Petteway, and Shields got hot, noone took us seriously, and we won a bunch of games. It's a little different now. We're a 16-17 win team with a probably NIT bid.

But the rest, your assessment about last year, is spot on. We did get spoiled by lightening in a bottle for a month. Pitch, Petteway, and Shields got hot, noone took us seriously, and we won a bunch of games. It's a little different now. We're a 16-17 win team with a probably NIT bid.

PG - T. Smith & C - Abraham

Running your half-court sets through your best player is nothing new to basketball. The offense does become stagnant at times, and when the shot clock is running down Petteway is the guy who should have the ball. I agree that Parker should be coming off the bench, but I don't know who you would start over Rivers? He's a guy that does the dirty work, and deserves his starting spot when you consider what's behind him.

This team is a year away. I assume Petteway will be back, and there is some talent on it's way in. Next year should be much, much better.

PG - T. Smith & C - Abraham

I agree that T. Smith should be starting over Parker. We actually have some semblance of an offense with T. Smith out there. As others have said, Benny provides much more of a spark coming off the bench than when he's starting, whatever the reason may be.

Running your half-court sets through your best player is nothing new to basketball. The offense does become stagnant at times, and when the shot clock is running down Petteway is the guy who should have the ball. I agree that Parker should be coming off the bench, but I don't know who you would start over Rivers? He's a guy that does the dirty work, and deserves his starting spot when you consider what's behind him.

This team is a year away. I assume Petteway will be back, and there is some talent on it's way in. Next year should be much, much better.

I also think there is a good chance Petteway comes back. He has a ways to climb to get drafted.

I also think there is a good chance Petteway comes back. He has a ways to climb to get drafted.

Nowhere near a lottery pick, probably not even 1st round.... Ok, definitely not.