Deflate-gate

GSG

Two separate incidents resulting in the forfeiture of first round draft picks for the Patriots under Belichick. I have to wonder what else they have pulled over the years that no one ever caught wind of.

Exactly. Pretty pathetic really. You know, I've never liked the Pacheatriots, but I kind of respected them for how much they've accomplished, but now it's hard to respect them at all. Who knows how much any cheating they've done has affected the outcomes of games, but if they are truly as great as they want us all to believe, then why open it up for debate? They deflated those balls to gain an advantage. What that advantage was, I guess I'm not sure, but you obviously don't just cheat like this for no reason. Pathetic.

I also have some land in Florida I can sell you for cheap cheap!

Patriots lawyer: "Deflator" texts about losing weight, not deflating balls.

Team attorney Daniel Goldberg said Thursday the two Patriots employees -- Jim McNally, the officials' locker room assistant, and John Jastremski, an equipment assistant for the Patriots -- used the term jokingly in text messages to refer to McNally, who was trying to lose weight:

"Mr. Jastremski would sometimes work out and bulk up -- he is a slender guy and his goal was to get to 200 pounds. Mr. McNally is a big fellow and had the opposite goal: to lose weight. 'Deflate' was a term they used to refer to losing weight. One can specifically see this use of the term in a Nov. 30, 2014 text from Mr. McNally to Mr. Jastremski: 'deflate and give somebody that jacket.' ... This banter, and Mr. McNally's goal of losing weight, meant Mr. McNally was the 'deflator.' There was nothing complicated or sinister about it."

FAT-GUY-IN-PATRIOTS-SHIRT-WACTHES-TV-300

• Fire 1