Who's Leaving?

Mavric

Good luck Johnny, sorry you got a raw deal here. Truly hope you make a name for yourself and make us regret letting you go.

What are you talking about man? Raw deal?

Well, as pointed out numerous times by numerous people, Bo and his staff couldn't properly develop QB's. Now that Riley is here it's too little too late.

I'm still a fan of Stanton's, think he could have been something here.

• Fire 1

Good luck Johnny, sorry you got a raw deal here. Truly hope you make a name for yourself and make us regret letting you go.

Well, as pointed out numerous times by numerous people, Bo and his staff couldn't properly develop QB's. Now that Riley is here it's too little too late.

I mean, he'd still have 3 full years. I don't think time was an issue. The 4-5 QBs ahead of him was the issue.
  • Fire 2

If Riley had originally recruited Stanton while at Oregon State, and found him waiting here at his new job, there must have been something pretty unresolvable in Johnny Stanton to land him so far down the depth chart.

Just a few months ago, a sizable contingent of Husker fans would have let Riley start Stanton start over Armstrong, no questions asked.

Wouldn't call it a raw deal. Stanton clearly played himself out of contention. It may have been mental and hopefully fixable, but he'll only find that out elsewhere.

• Fire 2

I mean, he'd still have 3 full years. I don't think time was an issue. The 4-5 QBs ahead of him was the issue.

I think the Tommy Armstrong issue is the main reason. He seems to be starter by default and I get that completely. Darlington could easily place himself as the backup or even successor should TA go down. Just seems like deciding between AJ and Fyfe and Stanton is a tossup for the staff, or maybe not and that's that. I think Stanton's time frame for learning an offense is what held him back. Especially if we were still trying to teach TA to be Martinez.

I had really hoped Riley's recruitment of Stanton would lead to something but alas it was not meant to be.