Who's Leaving?

Mavric

I can understand Stanton... but I'm really intrigued by Irons.... i never really heard much from him (maybe for a reason) but from i did hear he was talented and had some ability... Was he homesick? Bummed all his friends are gone?? Hotter chicks back home?? who knows... Im sure DPE could really have taught him something

By all accounts, Armstrong, Bush, and Darlington were the three guys the staff was looking for out of this group.

Stanton was somewhere behind Fyfe, and maybe even Broekemeier.

There was just something about Bush I didn't like that I saw, something familiar.

Rumor is that he was told that he wouldn't be starting out on the 105-man roster

How does that work as a scholarship player? I know being on scholarship doesn't guarantee playing time, but, is it pretty rare for someone in a position like him to not make the 105 for reasons other than injury/off-the-field?

Transfer rumors don't shock me given the amount of bodies we have at QB, but, a lot of people were pretty high on this kid.

I would say it's pretty rare, barring injury. That's 20 players not on scholarship before you have to leave a scholarship player off the list. I know we have a lot of QBs but that seems pretty odd to me. I'm not sure 20 non-scholarship players even see the field in a given year.

So apparently that's the story. That seems really odd to me but I've said for quite awhile I thought he would transfer so it doesn't really matter.

By all accounts, Armstrong, Bush, and Darlington were the three guys the staff was looking for out of this group.

Stanton was somewhere behind Fyfe, and maybe even Broekemeier.

There was just something about Bush I didn't like that I saw, something familiar.
Fair enough. That doesn't mean Johnny Stanton was anywhere in the mix, though. He wasn't. Not because of a raw deal he got, but because Armstrong, Bush, and Darlington are substantially better as D1 quarterbacks.

Admittedly, that's not necessarily saying much. Heh.