Who's Leaving?

Mavric

Rumor is that he was told that he wouldn't be starting out on the 105-man roster

How does that work as a scholarship player? I know being on scholarship doesn't guarantee playing time, but, is it pretty rare for someone in a position like him to not make the 105 for reasons other than injury/off-the-field?

Transfer rumors don't shock me given the amount of bodies we have at QB, but, a lot of people were pretty high on this kid.

Rumor is that he was told that he wouldn't be starting out on the 105-man roster

How does that work as a scholarship player? I know being on scholarship doesn't guarantee playing time, but, is it pretty rare for someone in a position like him to not make the 105 for reasons other than injury/off-the-field?

Transfer rumors don't shock me given the amount of bodies we have at QB, but, a lot of people were pretty high on this kid.

Come on guys. He's a bust. He seems like a good kid and a loyal kid, but this isn't the place for him. He looked like he didn't know what planet he was on in the spring game. It's better for everyone if he moves on.

I would say it's pretty rare, barring injury. That's 20 players not on scholarship before you have to leave a scholarship player off the list. I know we have a lot of QBs but that seems pretty odd to me. I'm not sure 20 non-scholarship players even see the field in a given year.

Come on guys. He's a bust. He seems like a good kid and a loyal kid, but this isn't the place for him. He looked like he didn't know what planet he was on in the spring game. It's better for everyone if he moves on.

I disagree, I think he showed more promise in the spring game than most give him credit for. Put him with the 1's and see how he looks come fall camp.

It's better for everyone if he moves on.

It might be better for him to spend a year under Riley and Langsdorf, than to transfer to the MWC.

I mean . . . would it? Kid wants to play, and if he's seventh on the depth chart at NU, but could be a stud at Utah State then why not?

(Utah State chosen arbitrarily.)

I disagree, I think he showed more promise in the spring game than most give him credit for. Put him with the 1's and see how he looks come fall camp.

I'd rather we give those reps to guys who have a legitimate shot at contributing. They need all they can get with the new offense.

The problem is he had the chance to emerge during spring ball the last two years and is currently 4/5 on the depth chart. Two new QBs are signed for this class. Personally, I just do not see how he makes it on the field. As a former Elite 11 guy, he could be the best that never was, but I try to not get hyped on pure potential, when he has had chances to prove himself during practices and yielded no results.

• Fire 3

The problem is he had the chance to emerge during spring ball the last two years and is currently 4/5 on the depth chart. Two new QBs are signed for this class. Personally, I just do not see how he makes it on the field. As a former Elite 11 guy, he could be the best that never was, but I try to not get hyped on pure potential, when he has had chances to prove himself during practices and yielded no results.

Very well said.

It's easy to say 'put him in with the ones' but that's not a realistic outlook. Players must prove themselves in practice, and they're given opportunities to work with ones and twos. A coach isn't going to continually throw a player in with the top group unless he's proven, on a variety of levels, he deserves to be there.

• Fire 1