Better Call Saul

Pretty good pilot episode. I agree with the above, I think this will be a great show

I was a bit disappointed in the pilot.

Of course, because of Gilligan's history, I'll hang with it, but if I had no clue about his past work I don't know if the pilot alone would have kept me around.....

Hopefully, it gets better tonight.

Pretty good pilot episode. I agree with the above, I think this will be a great show

Of course, because of Gilligan's history, I'll hang with it, but if I had no clue about his past work I don't know if the pilot alone would have kept me around.....

I guess I don't know what you were expecting from a show about a lawyer...

For what the show is about, I thought it was good. Im not expecting it to be anything like Breaking Bad. I liked how they started out with him in Nebraska showing life after Walter White and then built the story of his background as struggling lawyer James McGill. Trying to make his way as a PD and follow the law, but then that law firm wanting him to change his name kinda made him realize he needs to do things a little different to make it.

For what the show is about, I thought it was good. Im not expecting it to be anything like Breaking Bad. I liked how they started out with him in Nebraska showing life after Walter White and then built the story of his background as struggling lawyer James McGill. Trying to make his way as a PD and follow the law, but then that law firm wanting him to change his name kinda made him realize he needs to do things a little different to make it.

It's going to get much better.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Gustavo Fring, Mike Ehrmantrout (sp?), and eventually Jesse and Walter be incorporated into the storyline, especially considering that Tuco Salamanca was introduced in the pilot.

I'm very excited to watch more tonight!

I fully understand it's not going to be Breaking Bad.

Maybe my expectations were too high because that show set a pretty lofty standard for character development, etc

Like I mentioned, I will keep watching and hope it evolves, but my initial reaction was that the pilot had no "Grabbing Moments" that would entice me IF I HADN'T known the history.

Future episodes will tell the tale.

I fully understand it's not going to be Breaking Bad.

Maybe my expectations were too high because that show set a pretty lofty standard for character development, etc

Like I mentioned, I will keep watching and hope it evolves, but my initial reaction was that the pilot had no "Grabbing Moments" that would entice me IF I HADN'T known the history.

Future episodes will tell the tale.

Something that you have to remember is that was just Episode 1. Walter White was in the same position as Jimmy McGill. There's a lot more to the Saul Goodman story that will be exciting to watch unfold.

Vince Gilligan is good, and he'll further prove it with this spin-off.

'Better Call Saul' Series Premiere Recap: Back to the Future
The 'Breaking Bad' prequel's strong start to a story whose ending we already know
By Sean T. Collins | February 8, 2015 www.rollingstone.com
LINK (Some spoilers in that article, of episodes 1 and 2.)

A pretty good review and commentary on episodes 1 and 2 from Rolling Stone. The article verifies a couple things that I thought, but was not sure about.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching the 3rd episode. Saw #3 and #4 last night. They did not disappoint. It's interesting that in some things Saul seems fairly honest. But in other things, not so much. Like when Saul ...

... didn't want any part of getting a finder's fee for helping Tuco's buddy rip off the embezzler family. And then Saul is worried about them and actually tips them off with the anonymous phone warning. OTOH, Saul ends up taking a bribe from the embezzler family, calling it a retainer fee. And he had that Slippin' Jimmy scheme planned with the twins.

I guess Saul is mostly honest, but just can't help himself sometimes. Like a lot of people in real life.

I've watched the first 3 episodes, and so far it's pretty good. I'll most likely watch the fourth one tonight after work. I really like the fact that Mike's in it, and I remember reading an article a while back saying a lot of the characters from Breaking Bad would make cameos as well.

SPOILER FOR THOSE NOT THROUGH THE FIRST 4 EPISODES

I think that it is entertaining to watch the bi-polarness of James/Saul. He is trying so hard to do things the right way and yet he gets kicked in the teeth over and over again... When he does things the wrong way, he succeeds.

I want to figure out when he gave up on Slipping Jimmy and when he will then turn in to Saul(basically slipping Jimmy).

I think his brother Chuck will die and that will change things.

• Fire 1