New Husker WR coach listed as candidate for another job already

From article talking about potential LSU WR coaches:

Keith Williams, University of Nebraska

Williams is considered one of the upcoming stars in the wide receiver coaching ranks. The former Tulane wide receiver coach and prodigy of Tulane head coach and receiver guru Curtis Johnson is known for his passion and ability to teach at a very high level. Williams currently has eight former students currently playing in the NFL: James Jones (Oakland), Ryan Grant (Washington), Devante Adams (Green Bay), Isaiah Burse (Denver), Jalen Saunders (New Orleans), Seyi Ajiritut (San Diego), Marlon Moore (Cleveland) and Devon Wylie (St. Louis Rams). New Orleans Saints receiver Kenny Stills, and New Orleans native and Miami Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace train with Williams in the off-season as well.

As a recruiter Williams has been responsible for south Florida and chipped in throughout Louisiana, while coaching at Tulane. His bread and butter may be the West Coast, where he coached at Fresno State and recruited California very effectively in the past. He is also very close with LSU receiver Malachi Dupre, who referred to Williams as the best wide receiver coach he has been around, so there is some familiarity with LSU's future star.

You really don't think he'd leave us after just signing on do you? I mean I'd much rather work for Mike Riley than Les Miles and he probably just bought a house and just moved his family up here.

I don't think so. But stranger things have happened. He has lived in that area for while and possibly really likes it. Maybe he hasn't sold his house in NO yet so it really wouldn't matter if he has to resell a house here.

I don't think he is leaving. But, I will be happy when the position is filled by someone else. He is one from this staff that I am most excited about.

I think he's going to be a phenomenal coach. And we have so much talent that could be put on the field... I mean look at the roster. Imagine what he's going to be able to do with Alonzo Moore, who has such pure talent but just struggled in games and needed some help. Imagine what he might be able to do with a healthy Tarriq Allen. I'd love to see Jamal Turner flourish under a true WR coach, and Tolbert needs the coaching for his talent too. I mean we are just loaded at that position.

I'm pleased to see that Williams is being considered. It speaks well of him. But I seriously doubt he'd bail for LSU after a month on the job. He'd really be spending a huge silver bullet to take that job. I mean, a couple of moves like that and his chances at another shot in a top program would be unlikely. Also, Les Miles is pretty much of an a-hole.

You really don't think he'd leave us after just signing on do you? I mean I'd much rather work for Mike Riley than Les Miles and he probably just bought a house and just moved his family up here.

All things being equal, no, I don't think so. However, if they offer a much more attractive deal it can be enticing. Sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot.

I'm pleased to see that Williams is being considered. It speaks well of him. But I seriously doubt he'd bail for LSU after a month on the job. He'd really be spending a huge silver bullet to take that job. I mean, a couple of moves like that and his chances at another shot in a top program would be unlikely. Also, Les Miles is pretty much of an a-hole.

If the A-Hole designation was really a mitigating factor, there would be tons more coaching vacancies available......

This can likely be filed under "much ado about nothing," as these articles often are.

Yesterday he writes about five guys on Les Miles' list to replace their departed WR coach (side note: it was nice of Les to share this list with the writer. Les is good like that). Today he adds a sixth name, not already included in his five-man article from the day before: Arkansas' Michael Smith.

But wait! There's more! Because he not only adds Smith to that list, at the end of today's article he throws in yet more names: Western Kentucky's Ricky Brumfield, Oregon's Matt Lubick and USC's Tee Martin.

For those of you who need to update your scorecards, that's nine people the writer has identified as targets for this position, or roughly 6% of all WR coaches in D1A and the NFL.

It's possible we don't have much to worry about from this guy. He might not know what he's talking about.

• Fire 1