Husker tryouts coming soon

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/want-to-be-a-walk-on-with-the-huskers-tryouts/article_5dfcb17a-b240-11e4-adab-e723e1bd04d0.html

By Big Red Today

The Huskers had eight walk-ons in the 2015 recruiting class, but that doesn't mean they won't add more.

Nebraska is holding open tryouts for walk-ons, so if you're a student looking to make the team, now's your chance.

Ryan Gunderson, the Nebraska director of player personnel, tweeted on Wednesday that the tryout date is Feb. 25 and that applications are available at the football reception desk.

Seriously, good to hear about the tryouts though. I'm assuming this is a new thing? I knew we always had "preferred walkons" but I always though there was some sort of try out for others. Is that not the case?

Callahan did a similar thing during his tenure, when he received some back lash for "destroying the walk-on program". I don't know if Bo did this during his tenure. He probably did, but probably kept it more low-key.

• Fire 1

Seriously, good to hear about the tryouts though. I'm assuming this is a new thing? I knew we always had "preferred walkons" but I always though there was some sort of try out for others. Is that not the case?

Callahan did a similar thing during his tenure, when he received some back lash for "destroying the walk-on program". I don't know if Bo did this during his tenure. He probably did, but probably kept it more low-key.

Had a friend that tried out during the Solich era which, I'm sure, was a holdover from Osborne.