GT: Nebraska at Purdue - 4:15PM - BTN

It sure seems as though there may be more going on than petteway's mom (not trying to be insensitive), but there is absolutely zero communication. I need to start counting how many times if the shooter would follow his shot he would get the ball back, if he catches it lol. Sad to admit but I have a hard time watching the whole game. So frustrating. Next year will be better.

I hope his mom is ok. But it's a horrible excuse. C'mon. If its bothering you this bad and effecting the team. He needs to quit playing then. Don't use your mom has an scapegoat.

Really, please look at the whole team instead of attaching Petteway every game!

I have. Pitchford spends about 2 mins a game "near" the paint, rest of the game he spends it somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha.

Webster looks like he only cares about doing good or winning, when he feels like it.

Our bigs couldn't jump over an ant for a rebound.

With all that being said, I blame TP for most of the issues. His shot selection at times is atroucious, which leads to turnivers and more stress on the D. if he makes two shots to start the game he will go Kobesque and start jacking shots. He can commit some of the dumbest fouls I've seen in a loooooong time. If not for miles benching him he could litterly foul out in the first half. Last year he played within his own game. This year I Ono what he's doing at times.

Last year, we surprised teams and Pitchford was playing better. He is now the main focus of every defense. I am sure it is frustrating watching Benny & Webster throw up bricks on wide open shots. I do not blame him, as we would be lucky to score 30 a game without him.

See and that is coaching!

3rd season in the conference...other coaches have your stuff figured out.

Yes, but he had to use players that were already here. Give him a chance to move in his recruits and I do not mean as Fresh & Soph. We are not Kentucky, so we are not going to get all 5 star recruits.

And we lost Gallegos while gaining Abraham, Smith, Hammond and everyone else with another year of coaching. I don't think it's unfair to question why we are so much worse. Not say we couldn't have taken a step backwards from last years run. But we're really barely competitive this year with more pieces.

Yes, but he had to use players that were already here. Give him a chance to move in his recruits and I do not mean as Fresh & Soph. We are not Kentucky, so we are not going to get all 5 star recruits.

Which players are we talking about? Are Petteway and Shields some of the "players that were here"? Do we want to talk about where we'd be without them? How about Pitchford and Parker? Not all-conference caliber but apparently no one Miles has recruited in two full cycles has been able to unseat them. Tarin Smith, Tai Webster, Moses Abraham, Nick Fuller and Jake Hammond are all Miles players but none of them is exactly lighting the world on fire despite being given opportunities.

The Huskers shot 40% for the game. Purdue shot 38.5%. The difference?

Free throws and rebounds. Purdue shot 21 more free throws and had 15 more rebounds.

Until Miles stops playing the perimeter game all the time and makes his players at least try to get to the basket to make better percentage shots or get fouled to go to the line, 50 points a game will be our new normal.

And when you play the perimeter game with everyone on offense, no one is left for any chance of an offensive rebound.

Lastly, I understand Pettaway is dealing with things and is playing with a lot on his mind, but Miles needs to tell him to stop shooting 3's for a while. He just doesn't have it right now.

• Fire 1

Which players are we talking about? Are Petteway and Shields some of the "players that were here"? Do we want to talk about where we'd be without them? How about Pitchford and Parker? Not all-conference caliber but apparently no one Miles has recruited in two full cycles has been able to unseat them. Tarin Smith, Tai Webster, Moses Abraham, Nick Fuller and Jake Hammond are all Miles players but none of them is exactly lighting the world on fire despite being given opportunities.

This is a very good post. I think this is his third year...does he have any recruit that starts that he recruited out of high school?

Free throws and rebounds. Purdue shot 21 more free throws and had 15 more rebounds.

Until Miles stops playing the perimeter game all the time and makes his players at least try to get to the basket to make better percentage shots or get fouled to go to the line, 50 points a game will be our new normal.

And when you play the perimeter game with everyone on offense, no one is left for any chance of an offensive rebound.

Lastly, I understand Pettaway is dealing with things and is playing with a lot on his mind, but Miles needs to tell him to stop shooting 3's for a while. He just doesn't have it right now.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Leslee Smith needs to be playing instead of Pitchford.

At least Smith wants to be in the paint and under the basket. Give him the chance to get in an offensive rhythm and fight for rebounds and see what happens.

• Fire 2

One huge difference from last years to this year is Gallegos took a lot of pressure off of Petteway and Pitchford. Shields was really hit and miss and then after he hurt his ankle it was worse. Now this year should have been even better because we had two slashers in petteway and shields and a spot shooter in pitchford. But, for some damn reason petteway won't drive to the basket unless he gets to drive into three defenders and turn it over. Pitch can't shoot or much of anything else this year, just completely lazy. Shields has been pretty good at creating good looks for himself, but it seems as though it only happens when petteway is on the bench, he needs more touches Every possession. And why in the hell is tarrin smith not playing 75% of the point per game? L Smith needs to start and rotate with Abraham only, and Pitch needs to split time with Rivers only. Its pretty damn obvious pitchford can't play physical ball ( which I have a different name for it, but my wife says I need to quit saying that). Fuller needs to get more minutes through Petteway and Shields hell maybe with some more playing time we can see if he can get into some sort of rythem?!

I am fine with giving him time...it sounds like you are saying year 6 would be "his year"

A guy posted on another board that AD Sean wanted to give him a new contract after last season but Miles said he would wait...assuming that this year they would be really good and he would have even more leverage...interesting if true.

richard pitino may be available---if not before then. :snacks: heard a guy from minnesota radio sports being interviewed today and he stated his sources tell him that pitino does not like it over at the "u" and really hates the weather. he expects pitino to consider openings that may come up.

I am fine with giving him time...it sounds like you are saying year 6 would be "his year"

A guy posted on another board that AD Sean wanted to give him a new contract after last season but Miles said he would wait...assuming that this year they would be really good and he would have even more leverage...interesting if true.

richard pitino may be available---if not before then. :snacks: heard a guy from minnesota radio sports being interviewed today and he stated his sources tell him that pitino does not like it over at the "u" and really hates the weather. he expects pitino to consider openings that may come up.

You aren't seriously thinking that Miles needs to be replaced already..?? !!

AND..........by lil' Pitino......??

Wow...........what "Great Fans" we have..........

You aren't seriously thinking that Miles needs to be replaced already..?? !!

AND..........by lil' Pitino......??

Wow...........what "Great Fans" we have..........

Dude.....it's two people.

One of them has three posts here, the other is teachercd......enough said.

Calm down.

Nebraska still has "great fans".

Anybody talking about firing Miles is an idiot and hardly represents the feelings of the fan base.

Pitino Jr would be a great get for a lot of schools...hell he landed a top 25 (I think) class this year. He plays an exciting brand of ball and make no mistake about it, he can and will recruit.

Now...the wildcard out there...Josh Pastner...Probably the second best recruiter in the country and I would argue the BEST recruiter in the country that is not coaching at a blue blood school. The problem is...he gets out coached more often than a certain coach you all know.

Also, True2...Not sure why you took a shot at me!

Webster is a So., Fuller is RF & Smith & Hammond are F. We are not the program that can bring in several young players that can contribute right away. To make us competitive he had to get players with experience like Smith, Abraham, Petteway & Pitchford. We all knew Abraham was a reach, but we needed some size. I am just saying, we need to give Miles a chance to build a team that will be consistent. He got White from Kansas to come here and 2 4 start players. The future is bright. The biggest difference from last year is we got hot. I am disappointed when we lose, but I am not going to blame it on one person.

The point is, you don't really have anything to back up your arguments. You claim that Miles has "shown" that he can recruit high school players but dismiss them when it is pointed out that none of the guys he's gotten so far are apparently able to beat out any of the apparently terrible players that he is stuck working with who were here when Miles got here. It can't be both ways.

The point is, you don't really have anything to back up your arguments. You claim that Miles has "shown" that he can recruit high school players but dismiss them when it is pointed out that none of the guys he's gotten so far are apparently able to beat out any of the apparently terrible players that he is stuck working with who were here when Miles got here. It can't be both ways.

Not what I said. I said that the players he has recruited are better per the recruiting outlets than the ones that he inherited. I know it means nothing until they hit the court, but in my opinion Miles is getting better talent to play for the Huskers than Doc. I am also very impressed with what he did in a short period of time with what he had.