JUCO K Jamie Sutcliffe [Nebraska Preferred Walk-On]

They only count towards your scholly limit if they are getting a scholarship in some other fashion. A walk on who plays, who is truly paying his own way, will not count against the 85 limit. Example, Doug McDermott at Creighton was a walk on his senior year. He did not receive any other scholarship money and therefore didn't count against Creighton's scholarship limit for basketball.

A walk on who doesn't play, and has an academic scholarship, doesn't count towards the 85 limit.

A walk on that plays and has an academic scholarship will count towards the 85 limit. This is to prevent loading up 'academic' scholarships for football players and bypassing the 85 scholarship limit.

So if he doesn't play he stays on academic scholarship and doesn't count towards the 85 limit. The moment he plays during a game that counts, his scholarship is transferred from academic to athletic and counts towards the 85. With Nebraska currently at 88 scholarships, for him to play, we need to lose 4 players between now and BYU. As it stands, we need to lose 3 before then. Either the coaching staff has strong indications that we will lose at least 4 players to transfer or medical hardship, or he won't be playing this up coming season.

• Fire 2

They only count towards your scholly limit if they are getting a scholarship in some other fashion. A walk on who plays, who is truly paying his own way, will not count against the 85 limit. Example, Doug McDermott at Creighton was a walk on his senior year. He did not receive any other scholarship money and therefore didn't count against Creighton's scholarship limit for basketball.

A walk on who doesn't play, and has an academic scholarship, doesn't count towards the 85 limit.

A walk on that plays and has an academic scholarship will count towards the 85 limit. This is to prevent loading up 'academic' scholarships for football players and bypassing the 85 scholarship limit.

So if he doesn't play he stays on academic scholarship and doesn't count towards the 85 limit. The moment he plays during a game that counts, his scholarship is transferred from academic to athletic and counts towards the 85. With Nebraska currently at 88 scholarships, for him to play, we need to lose 4 players between now and BYU. As it stands, we need to lose 3 before then. Either the coaching staff has strong indications that we will lose at least 4 players to transfer or medical hardship, or he won't be playing this up coming season.

This depends if Riley renewed the scholarships that went to walk-ons last year, like Fyfe.

Which walk ons have ships that won't be in the 2 deep?

Fyfe is the only one who is in real danger of being down the depth chart. Brandon Reilly is probably going to start. I would think Burtch would be on the two-deep. Gangwish is a likely starter. Foltz has the job locked up. I think that's the list right now.

if he is only getting a partial scholarship now does it bump up to a full scholarship when he plays? mens basketball and football dont allow for partials.

This depends if Riley renewed the scholarships that went to walk-ons last year, like Fyfe.

True, and I haven't heard reports that either have not had there scholarships renewed so I am working under the assumption they have.

True, and I haven't heard reports that either have not had there scholarships renewed so I am working under the assumption they have.
This young man is a JUCO, it is safe to say he isn't coming to DONU to sit a year. Assuming all schollies were renewed, we should count on 4 players leaving by AUG.

if he is only getting a partial scholarship now does it bump up to a full scholarship when he plays? mens basketball and football dont allow for partials.
Once he plays and is transferred over to the Athletic pool, then yes it will be a full scholly.

This young man is a JUCO, it is safe to say he isn't coming to DONU to sit a year. Assuming all schollies were renewed, we should count on 4 players leaving by AUG.

That's my thoughts too. I assume at least 4 will be moved in some capacity. And Fyfe is a name near the top of that list, right or wrong. I also wouldn't be surprised to hear about 4th string RB, as young and as talented as we are there, to be looking as well. And a DB or two. Bondi as well.

Fyfe is the only one who is in real danger of being down the depth chart. Brandon Reilly is probably going to start. I would think Burtch would be on the two-deep. Gangwish is a likely starter. Foltz has the job locked up. I think that's the list right now.

Not sure I agree on Burtch. From what I've heard/seen this spring: DPE/Westy/Reilly. Moore/Tolbert/Irons (depending on his injury but he doesn't play Burtchs position anyway). Not to mention the concussion problems Burtch was having last year prior to the ACL tear.

Why should Burtch be on the two-deep?