So Mad you Turned off the Game

2012 CCG blowout at the hands of Wisconsin. I bailed out midway through the third quarter. Came back and watched the last couple minutes though. A very painful and disappointing game.

I believe this was my last one also. I kept watching the 2014 wisc game to see how may rushing yards Wisc would actually rack up against us. I guess I was a gluten for punishment at that point.

Living outstate, televised games were always a luxury. If I sat down with a Nebraska game, I never turned it off.

Now that I'm able to watch almost every game -- often DVRed or paused to speed through -- I still watch every play. Even when it turns into a car wreck.

But I do remember 2007 fondly. When it became clear how things were going to go for Nebraska, I went outside and enjoyed the splendor of fall Saturday's with my children.

I've never really turned off the games, but definitely thought about it. I've watched every game since we've been in the B1G and will walk away and do other things while the game is on but that's as close as i've come to it. It's bad that originally i'd get pissed over the games and the outcomes of teams with a pulse and now I just actually sit there and laugh at just how pathetic the Huskers had become under Pelini. You'd see him start ripping into an official or a player and you just knew the team was crapping the bed. My daughter has definitely helped me cut back on the cursing during the games and even the yelling as I was afraid to wake her up and have the wife kill me for it.

Here's to the new regime turning this train wreck around, come on Coach Riley.

408 yards allowed by one player

70 points allowed by one team

Losing your first conference game in your new home in blowout fashion

Wisconsin has a lot of reason to think of us as their beyotch. If there is one thing Mike Riley can do for me during his tenure as Husker HC, it would be take the Huskers to Camp Randall and blow the Bagers out of the stadium. Im talking 60-13 blowout with 2nd string playing a majority of the second half. Do that and I will love you forever.

This is why I sometimes wish we were in the Big10 with our 90's teams...

I sat and watched the entire 2004 Texas Tech game. 70-10. This blowout was different than the Wisconsin drubbings because I never sensed that the team ever quit. It was just a flurry of INTs mostly against a team that could score in 2 seconds.

I got into a habit of muting games over the past few seasons. Was painful to watch, but the loud excitement coming from the announcers was too insufferable and sent me overboard. Started around Wisconsin CCG.

But the only game I walked away from completely was that Tech game in 04. At halftime I recall getting cleaned up, eating a sandwich and went to a scummy bar a mile away to drink it off. I looked up to see the score every 15 minutes or so but that was it.

Watching the Red River Rivalry in '09 waiting for the Husker vs Tex Tech Game to start and seeing the 0-14 deficit Big Red fumble fudged it's way into was a pretty swell kick to the jewels. I may have tuned out early on that one, can't remember. The Red Bull vodka's were really settling in at that point.

• 2 weeks later...

Last game I saw in person...Went with my Brother and his two kids.

I left and went to the bathrooms during this play...Still thinking we'd pull it out somehow.

Became a fan of Pat Tillman during this game, and realized we'd lost 8 of the last 9 games I attended..Main reason I stopped going..