Players Banned from Locker Room and Lounge

Did I hear that Miles has been under 50 in 4/8 games? And that NU has had only 3 losing seasons since 75? Or was it 9 losing seasons?

Pretty sure it's 9 in the last 40 (or 41 depending on how "since '75" is to be read).

Nee had 3

Collier had 3

Doc had 2

Miles 1 so far

So that's 9 in the last 27 seasons.

Miles doesn't have one yet, right? Or did he have one his first year?

He did his first year. If this year ends up being a losing season, it would be 2 out of 3 and 10 in 28 seasons.

He has to get a break for that first year. The team he inherited was AWFUL!!!

Miles deserves criticism for this year, but he also deserves praise for last year.

Did I hear that Miles has been under 50 in 4/8 games? And that NU has had only 3 losing seasons since 75? Or was it 9 losing seasons?

Pretty sure it's 9 in the last 40 (or 41 depending on how "since '75" is to be read).

Nee had 3

Collier had 3

Doc had 2

Miles 1 so far

He did his first year. If this year ends up being a losing season, it would be 2 out of 3 and 10 in 28 seasons.

Miles deserves criticism for this year, but he also deserves praise for last year.

Not that it matters but I don't hold the first year against him or any other coach for that matter. But the fact remains that this could be the 10th losing season out of the last 28. It is what it is.

Nee had 3

Collier had 3

Doc had 2

Miles 1 so far

Not that it matters but I don't hold the first year against him or any other coach for that matter. But the fact remains that this could be the 10th losing season out of the last 28. It is what it is.

Yeah, and what's your point? That Nebraska basketball is typically pretty bad, and in recent history 1/3 of their seasons end in losing records, even though they should chalk up plenty of easy victories in the non-conference season?

I guess I just understand your point of negativity, St. Paul. Is it regarding Miles? Is it regarding the NU basketball program as a whole? I don't think it's a shocker to anyone that NU basketball has been pretty poor to average in its history. Everyone knows that NU is one of two power-five conference teams to have never won a NCAA tournament game. Being bad at basketball isn't new for Nebraska.

I think, now that the "he needs his players" argument has been shown to be mostly false, the excuese-de-jour is "we really miss Gallegos". Gallegos scored seven points per game for the year. He scored double-figures in exactly two games that we won by fewer than 10 points (Indiana and Georgia). He averaged 5.0 ppg during the 8-1 stretch run during which he shot 23% on threes. That is not a threat that required an additional attention. Nick Fuller has averaged 8.5 ppg over the last two shooting 40% on threes.

Next.

Nee had 3

Collier had 3

Doc had 2

Miles 1 so far

Yeah, and what's your point? That Nebraska basketball is typically pretty bad, and in recent history 1/3 of their seasons end in losing records, even though they should chalk up plenty of easy victories in the non-conference season?

I guess I just understand your point of negativity, St. Paul. Is it regarding Miles? Is it regarding the NU basketball program as a whole? I don't think it's a shocker to anyone that NU basketball has been pretty poor to average in its history. Everyone knows that NU is one of two power-five conference teams to have never won a NCAA tournament game. Being bad at basketball isn't new for Nebraska.

While some may call it negativity, I call it honesty. I drank the Kool Aid last year. I expected more this year. We have all major contributors back this year except for Ray(We can't win without him) Gallegos.

Tim Miles lost this team. Maybe he won't admit it and would rather lock the players out of the locker room. So be it. If it works, great. But if it doesn't, then what? He needs to take a long look in the mirror and realize what he is doing isn't working. Not being able to score 50 points a game in major college is beyond embarrassing.

I don't think he needs to be fired. I hope we win the last 5 games. But being historically bad is no excuse for Miles. Not in year one or year 3.

I think, now that the "he needs his players" argument has been shown to be mostly false, the excuese-de-jour is "we really miss Gallegos". Gallegos scored seven points per game for the year. He scored double-figures in exactly two games that we won by fewer than 10 points (Indiana and Georgia). He averaged 5.0 ppg during the 8-1 stretch run during which he shot 23% on threes. That is not a threat that required an additional attention. Nick Fuller has averaged 8.5 ppg over the last two shooting 40% on threes.

Next.

Oh my god!

This makes things make even worse!

Interesting stats!

Next.

The excuse-de-jour hasn't been the excuse of the day at all. It's been the excuse all season. The ball isn't going in the hoop.

Continue looking for a scapegoat but I don't know what you guys expect. To win a basketball game you have to make shots. Nebraska is not making shots. Opposing defenses are playing under the basket daring us to shoot and nothing is falling. I don't think it's realistic to ask these guys to try to dribble into triple teams just to try to get a layup. It's not happening.

Yes, the guys need to work the ball around more. Yes, the shot selection could be better at times, but for the majority of the time these guys are missing shots that every other team in the country is making. I don't know what else Miles can do but it appears to me he is trying to figure it out.

Personally, I like the guy too so I'm gonna defend him regardless. I think he's a good coach and I love his personality. He makes this basketball program fun. Somehow the fun is fading for some of you and the "demanding wins" has taken over. Sometimes some Husker fans need to appreciate a little bit more than just winning. I know it's tough to do, but it's true.

• Fire 2

Next.

Oh my god!

This makes things make even worse!

Interesting stats!

I agree that the problem goes much further than just Gallegos. However, regardless of actual points scored, they other team had to commit a person to closely guard him at all times. This helped to open up lanes and give us a threat. Fuller (or anyone else) is not seen as the same threat so they can pack the paint. Gallegos indirectly helped to create those driving lanes that don't show up in the stats.

I agree that the problem goes much further than just Gallegos. However, regardless of actual points scored, they other team had to commit a person to closely guard him at all times. This helped to open up lanes and give us a threat. Fuller (or anyone else) is not seen as the same threat so they can pack the paint. Gallegos indirectly helped to create those driving lanes that don't show up in the stats.

I don't agree. Why would you be particularly worried about a player shooting 23%? Benny Parker is shooting 33%.

I don't agree. Why would you be particularly worried about a player shooting 23%? Benny Parker is shooting 33%.

I agree Mav

There is not a coach in the country that would try and guard a non-threat so close that it would let the other teams 2 or 3 big threats get open looks...

Putting the ball through the hoop is the obvious problem. You can't win if you can't score . But it's how you play that will enable you to be successful in putting the ball on the basket. And this team has played terribly more times this year than they played well.

I've seen plenty of instances where the team has played hard but shoots sub 20%. if we were a rebounding machine or caused a lot of turnovers, I'd be more acceptable to that due to the number of shots. However, we play above to average defense but can't shoot a lick, which results is limited shots. Played the exact same as last year, but we made shots and protected home court.

You all can get hung up on a 7 pt a game scorer but your also missing that he was a great on ball defender and could get a quick shot off at any time. Comparing fuller to him? Get real.

Nate Hawkins transferred and he could score and he showed some flashes.

Reality is he wouldn't get us to 19 wins but lets say he scores a few against Incarnate word, URI and Hawaii and maybe Wisconsin that

and lets say we win two of those games we are 15-12.

Anyway, we have enough players and talent to score heck make the guards make a good pass to the post and see what Leslee can do and give Moses a few touches maybe hes not much of an offensive threat but we need a respectable inside game to get open shots. We aren't shooting well so we should be flying to the offensive glass and playing team basketball not let me get my 19 points then go sit down. Maybe play zone defense and run some plays on offense and do what we did against Maryland and maybe we will have a chance to win 2/3 remaining games.