I get what you are saying Knapp...but if NU loses to BYU...you and I both know that there will be majorly strong reactions.

If it happens, expect the Pelini, fans to come back and want to relitigate it.

If it is some ugly loss where they look all out of sorts, it will get a very ugly reaction from a lot of people. But, I don't see it happening. I see a Husker win 24-17

23_nuclear_explosion.png

I've already said this a few times. No one knows what Tasum Hill will look like when he comes back. He was very limited practicing in spring. His broken leg was pretty bad. If Matt Herian's leg break was a 10 than hills was bout an 8 It took Herian a full year and a half to come back and he never was the same. This game will be Hill's first game back. You usually don't have that kind of a break and come back without missing a beat. I am sure Riley will prepare as if Hill will be 100%, but I doubt he is at mid season form.

As far a Minnesota goes, I think they take a step back this fall. They can't lose Cobb and that TE and not have their offense not take at least a little step backwards. I mean half the people on this board think that NU will be lacking because AA is gone. As long as Jerry Kill is at Minnesota they will continue to be a tough out. They will be a team that you need to take seriously. But, with that said, they have a long way to go talent wise to be that 9-10 team every season. They will more likely fluctuate from the 6 to 9 win area as long as Kill stays.

The problem is that after about 5 years of this the natives may get restless and want more. So they will look for a change, and get rid of Kill. Then they move downward again. They did it with Mason a few years back.

• Fire 3

I've already said this a few times. No one knows what Tasum Hill will look like when he comes back. He was very limited practicing in spring. His broken leg was pretty bad. If Matt Herian's leg break was a 10 than hills was bout an 8 It took Herian a full year and a half to come back and he never was the same. This game will be Hill's first game back. You usually don't have that kind of a break and come back without missing a beat. I am sure Riley will prepare as if Hill will be 100%, but I doubt he is at mid season form.

As far a Minnesota goes, I think they take a step back this fall. They can't lose Cobb and that TE and not have their offense not take at least a little step backwards. I mean half the people on this board think that NU will be lacking because AA is gone. As long as Jerry Kill is at Minnesota they will continue to be a tough out. They will be a team that you need to take seriously. But, with that said, they have a long way to go talent wise to be that 9-10 team every season. They will more likely fluctuate from the 6 to 9 win area as long as Kill stays.

The problem is that after about 5 years of this the natives may get restless and want more. So they will look for a change, and get rid of Kill. Then they move downward again. They did it with Mason a few years back.

Those are a couple of good points. Hill may never fully recover his mobility, and if we can generate pressure with our front four (and specifically with Collins & Valentine) while not getting gashed on the ground, we could wreck their whole offensive scheme. A huge part of that is going to be seeing how Gangwish and McMullen do without a star opposite them to take the opponent's focus. Are they ready for the big stage? I'm not sure about that. Is Freedom Akinmoladun? Or either of the Davis boys? If so, and that front four can generate pressure, we'll be OK. That's my biggest worry heading into the BYU game.

Regarding Minnesota, they can win five or six games on their down years and that's fine, but they should NEVER beat us. Ever. It's a major reason Bo isn't here anymore - losing to Minny two years in a row, getting out-hustled and outplayed, once at home even. Failing to stop basic plays all game long. They have our number right now, and that's not OK. We gotta set that situation back to rights, right now. Same with the Iowegians. They don't beat us, not for the next four years, no matter what happens.

• Fire 2

I think our pressure up front will be better without the star power simy because it will be simpler for them to understand and make plays. If one thing goes wrong they will be allowed to adjust and not forced to continue allowing the same gash over and over. This is a bad thing for BYU, a very bad thing.

Minnesota only beat us here last year because of a couple dropped, and questionable plays. We should have never been in that situation though and I don't feel we will this year. Count them both as wins.

I think our pressure up front will be better without the star power simy because it will be simpler for them to understand and make plays. If one thing goes wrong they will be allowed to adjust and not forced to continue allowing the same gash over and over. This is a bad thing for BYU, a very bad thing.

Minnesota only beat us here last year because of a couple dropped, and questionable plays. We should have never been in that situation though and I don't feel we will this year. Count them both as wins.

Stop the run and force the pass. Hill is average at best passing the ball.

cougarboard looks like the old Missouri crap board - totally unreadable.

cougarfan and cougarcorner are readable.

Opinions are NU is definitely beatable, think the brawl suspensions should be changed to public service and/or suspended for one of the easier games. The tough games of their first four are BSU and UCLA, Nebraska is winnable and they should beat Michigan

But there is not much traffic on the boards.