Guys, get freaking real.

Radar doesn't have to spell anything out. You've already been told by coaches in the NCAA, NFL and CFL that Riley is a hell of a football coach who is respected by all and even has had job offers from USC and Alabama.

Please, let me know when so many people are willing to come out and say so many positive things about Bo's time as an NCAA HC, NFL HC, and CFL HC. Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting to hear those big time job offers Bo got that are even remotely comparable to a USC or Alabama HC job. Where they at? The dude hit the open market and he's at f'ing Youngstown St!

Do yourselves a favor and just stop. Its hilarious.

The Alabama offer to Riley was in 2002. So Cal was 2009. Let's not exaggerate Riley as being a highly sought head coach. Pelini is at Youngstown because it's his home and he's making DI coin. Having names like Tom Osborne, Jim Tressel, Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops in his corner isn't too shabby. So let's not make Riley and his ZERO collegiate conference championships into something it's not. For now, he's a .500 coach proven over many many years.

• Fire 1

I can give the code to beat BYU.

BYU doesn't have much talent on offense aside from the quarterback who's really a running back because he can't pass very good. If your coaches go back and look at how Utah State and Utah have been able to shut down the BYU offense for years, Nebraska will win for guaranteed. The way Utah and Utah State has been able to beat BYU year in and out drives all the Cougar fans crazy because they hate so bad to lose to the two state schools in Utah they look down on and despise so hard. BYU fans run around saying they're school is the Harvard of the West for academics and the Notre Dame of the West for sports.

OK the code, if you lock down BYU receivers, it puts Taysom Hill in a position that he has to run in order for the Kewger offense to gain any yards. The offense is mostly 1 dimensional with the lack of talent. It's also not very hard to shut down BYU passing game because Hill is almost always off target, sometimes badly. So after shutting down BYU passing, put a spy on Hill who can run faster than him. Hill will start running a lot if the passing game is going bad, so you just need to get him that that's his only option and he'll play right into your defense's hands if the spy is quick enough to run him down.

Your coaches should also be aware of possible cheap shots like the horrible helmet to helmet hit BYU did on Washington posted above.

Good luck in the game. A lot of people in Utah will be cheering for Big Red.

The Alabama offer to Riley was in 2002. So Cal was 2009. Let's not exaggerate Riley as being a highly sought head coach. Pelini is at Youngstown because it's his home and he's making DI coin. Having names like Tom Osborne, Jim Tressel, Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops in his corner isn't too shabby. So let's not make Riley and his ZERO collegiate conference championships into something it's not. For now, he's a .500 coach proven over many many years.

Word

If Riley matches Pelini's 9-10 win seasons then it is already a huge upgrade. Pelini was a national embarresment. For every good thing he did while coaching he made sure to follow them up if a few things that made him look like an A$$. To the guy who used Jim Tressel & Pete Carroll as names in his corner have you ever heard of character. Carroll would have to go in front of the NCAA before the can coach again & Tressel has 5 games to serve if he want to come back.

Guys, get freaking real.

Radar doesn't have to spell anything out. You've already been told by coaches in the NCAA, NFL and CFL that Riley is a hell of a football coach who is respected by all and even has had job offers from USC and Alabama.

Please, let me know when so many people are willing to come out and say so many positive things about Bo's time as an NCAA HC, NFL HC, and CFL HC. Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting to hear those big time job offers Bo got that are even remotely comparable to a USC or Alabama HC job. Where they at? The dude hit the open market and he's at f'ing Youngstown St!

Do yourselves a favor and just stop. Its hilarious.

And.....in comes the choir.......

giphy.gif

Riley was a better coach yesterday than Bo, Riley is a better coach today than Bo and Riley will be a better coach tomorrow than Bo. Bo has moved to the level of coaching that he belongs at, just like Solich is at the level he is most suited for.

Based on what?

Everything that is known about both of them. Do you really need me to spell it out for you?

Yes, please do...

It would be much quicker for you to list everything Bo is better at as a coach. It will be a VERY short list, but if you really need me to, I will have much more time after work.

• Fire 1

Riley was a better coach yesterday than Bo, Riley is a better coach today than Bo and Riley will be a better coach tomorrow than Bo. Bo has moved to the level of coaching that he belongs at, just like Solich is at the level he is most suited for.

Based on what?

Everything that is known about both of them. Do you really need me to spell it out for you?

Yes, please do...

It would be much quicker for you to list everything Bo is better at as a coach. It will be a VERY short list, but if you really need me to, I will have much more time after work.

At no point, have I said Bo is a better coach. What I'm asking you to explain is that how someone who hasn't coached a game at this university a better coach?

I've been around this board a long time but I don't remember every disagreement turning so stupid so quickly like they have been lately.

Add another one to this list.

got that right...

Bo was an a$$hole, but all of a sudden the Easter Bunny is a better coach...

BYU doesn't have much talent on offense aside from the quarterback who's really a running back because he can't pass very good. If your coaches go back and look at how Utah State and Utah have been able to shut down the BYU offense for years, Nebraska will win for guaranteed. The way Utah and Utah State has been able to beat BYU year in and out drives all the Cougar fans crazy because they hate so bad to lose to the two state schools in Utah they look down on and despise so hard. BYU fans run around saying they're school is the Harvard of the West for academics and the Notre Dame of the West for sports.

OK the code, if you lock down BYU receivers, it puts Taysom Hill in a position that he has to run in order for the Kewger offense to gain any yards. The offense is mostly 1 dimensional with the lack of talent. It's also not very hard to shut down BYU passing game because Hill is almost always off target, sometimes badly. So after shutting down BYU passing, put a spy on Hill who can run faster than him. Hill will start running a lot if the passing game is going bad, so you just need to get him that that's his only option and he'll play right into your defense's hands if the spy is quick enough to run him down.

Your coaches should also be aware of possible cheap shots like the horrible helmet to helmet hit BYU did on Washington posted above.

I have a hard time taking this seriously.

Especially since BYU is 5-2 versus the Utah State Aggies over the past seven years. (3-1 over the last four.) :rollin

Based on what?

stop

AggieAndee is a long time Utah State troll who visits the message board of every BYU opponent to talk smack about BYU. It's a really weird obsession.

I think we will beat BYU at home with 10 of their players "missing time from the brawl" and with their QB coming off an injury. We have a strong running game and the OL should be improved. We know Armstrong can make some of the passes (which Riley and Langsdorfnwill will call based on what TA does best) and then throw in the jet sweep and zone read and we will be okay. We know our dline will dominate with them being set free to pursue. I think we'll be okay.

@girlknowsfootball

Don't count on 10 BYU players being suspended. It will be one maybe two Kewger players being suspended. The only one suspended for guaranteed will be the player caught on TV pounding on the back of the Memphis player's head while his coach held him back defenseless to the brutal attack from behind.

But the BYU game shouldn't be tough for Nebraska to win. BYU lacks talent and depth. Just look at how many players BYU puts into the NFL, its hardly ever. Not one player from BYU was drafted into an NFL team last year.

BYU's secondary on defense is real super bad to. Your QB should be able to throw deep all day long.

Just look at who BYU played and lost to last year. They lost to so many MWC teams - Utah State, Nevada, Boise State - BYU would finish near the bottom of all the teams in the MWC last season. BYU is not a P5 team like they claim and left the MWC because the Cougars couldn't hack it and didn't want to play second fiddle to Boise State and Utah State in that league.