DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Agree that Fant is the better athlete. That's why I'd rather have him at DE.

It's tougher to tell with Bubak because he had to play QB last year and will play QB again this year. That speaks to versatility, athleticism and football IQ. Doesn't mean he's necessarily better than Fant in those areas but that's a pretty good combination to have. I think he plays LB too, IIRC.

I agree on the positives of playing QB and LB. that's what Maxx Williams did in high school too. First TE taken in the draft. Not saying Bubak is the same, but the intangibles can help.

Four standout schools are Nebraska (DE), UCLA (TE), Iowa (ATH), and Vanderbilt (ATH).

Fant does not know which position he wants to play. Riley talks to him every week. Iowa told Fant he his #1 on their both at both TE and DE. He wants to get out to UCLA this July.

Would be a great get to beat out UCLA, an SEC school, and our "rival".

Personally, I don't think the program is in a position to dictate where Fant goes via position. For me, we take this guy and give him first shot at where he wants to play. Same with Bubak. We get the TE position to a real position of strength and then let the guy who loses out move to another spot because we took the best athlete possible.

• Fire 2

Personally, I don't think the program is in a position to dictate where Fant goes via position. For me, we take this guy and give him first shot at where he wants to play. Same with Bubak. We get the TE position to a real position of strength and then let the guy who loses out move to another spot because we took the best athlete possible.

Absolutely agree. TE would be a great position to get some depth at with this staff's reputation for using TE's in the offense, but we should't pass up on highly talented athletes with the skill,size, and football IQ these kids have.

Question for the recruiting nerds. With Stoll's commitment, do we take Fant and Bubak in the class as well if they are also desiring the TE position? Keeping in mind we also have Snyder in the recently signed class.