Huge Feature on Riley in the OWH

This was done by Dirk, are you sure you want to say this is a well written piece?

Dirks a great writer and tells a great story,
I agree. But you will probably find a lot of dissenting opinions on that here.
I think everyone agrees the guy can write, he just chooses to stir the pot for the sake of stirring the pot too often.

I don't know as I would put it like that. I think he just had had enough of Pelini before some people did. And we all know how criticism can go around here when people don't want the image from their rose colored glasses disturbed.

This was done by Dirk, are you sure you want to say this is a well written piece?

I think everyone agrees the guy can write, he just chooses to stir the pot for the sake of stirring the pot too often.

I don't know as I would put it like that. I think he just had had enough of Pelini before some people did. And we all know how criticism can go around here when people don't want the image from their rose colored glasses disturbed.

Nah, he's a dick to people on twitter too. Plus, he's a JaySker.

Dirk is a really good writer. I've always liked him. I completely understand why he gets a bad rap from a lot of people though. He's honest, up front, and usually just tells it like it is. Doesn't do a lot of unnecessary ass kissing and doesn't see a need to sugar coat. I've learned throughout my life that people have a very hard time dealing with people who tell it like it is. People don't want to hear it. They want you to be all nicey-nice and not offend anybody. I always respect the guys who take a stance on something and don't shy away from it.

• Fire 1

Nah, he's a dick to people on twitter too. Plus, he's a JaySker.

He can be snarky sure, but so are lots of people that don't get the same reaction. And half of Omaha can qualify as 'JaySker' it does not bother me.

That's a great write up. I've never had a problem with Dirk's writing. It's just that he has spent the last few years doing nothing but dwelling on negativity.

Maybe now that will change.

I disagree completely. Pelini and his staff spent the last few years dwelling on negativity. Dirk reports things as they are...so his reporting reflected the same negativity. Then the clueless and butthurt Pelini fans blamed Dirk for pointing out their boy was a complete a****** and a poor coach.

Great column. I'm psyched about Coach Riley and this staff. Finally we have adults and competent coaches running the show in Lincoln. Riley seems like a hell of a good guy.

That's a great write up. I've never had a problem with Dirk's writing. It's just that he has spent the last few years doing nothing but dwelling on negativity.

Maybe now that will change.

I disagree completely. Pelini and his staff spent the last few years dwelling on negativity. Dirk reports things as they are...so his reporting reflected the same negativity. Then the clueless and butthurt Pelini fans blamed Dirk for pointing out their boy was a complete a****** and a poor coach.

Great column. I'm psyched about Coach Riley and this staff. Finally we have adults and competent coaches running the show in Lincoln. Riley seems like a hell of a good guy.

Pelini - being the narcissist the he is - could not handle criticism in the open. You hit the proverbial nail on the head.

To an extent I think Dirk earned this. I mean, if Sam Mckewon, Dan Hoppen, Brian Christopherson or Grant Muessel had written this piece I think the discussion that followed would focus on the piece, not the writer. Part of being an outspoken columnist like Dirk, Shatel, or Sipple...they kind of set the tone with their brands. They've drawn their lines in the sand, so to speak. So it's understandably weird when you see a long form Mike Riley biographette come from Dirk. Where's the pot stirring?

Maybe he's trying to reinvent himself. It certainly seems like a good piece, though.

Dirk was right for YEARS regarding Pelini needing to go.

Absolutely.

My point being he wasn't negative. Just like many posters on here who were ridiculed etc for being negative when all along those posters and Dirk etc were spot on. If any journalist deserves to have shots taken at him like many do Dirk it is actually Sipple that needs to be thrown under the bus. He fed and fed and propped Pelini up. He directly slowed the process of making it alright to can Pelinis ass in regards to public perception.

I would like to thank Dirk for telling us how it is and was without backing down from his CORRECT stance

• Fire 2