Uh oh, former Coach Kaz

But they are all choices, right?

Yes.

But,

Choices are never 100% black or white - nobody lives in a vacuum. I feel like there's always degrees of grey, ranging from almost entirely subconscious decisions to "I know for a fact that I should not do this but I want to do it anyways", from whatever kinds of nature or nurture influences, that muddy up the picture.

Dont tell my cat that.

a.baa-Cat-in-vacuum-cleaner.jpg

Wow, Bo really hired some winners on that staff, didn't he.

#CoreValues

Carl the coke head and philanderer.

Marvin the philanderer, etc.

Ron the homophobe.

Kaz the wife beater.

Quite the collection.

I won't get into it to much, but it isn't correct to call Ron Brown a homophobe. Disagreeing with something doesn't automatically equal fear and hate.

This is true. But Ron Brown's statements make him homophobic. They just do.

Which statements?

Where have you been the last few years?

He said gays and lesbians do not deserve the same protections as groups that historically have been discriminated against, such as blacks and women.

"The scriptures teach that blacks were created by God, that women were created by God, but that homosexuals ... that is not what God had in mind at all," Brown said.

Brown said his words should not be interpreted as an attack on homosexuals.

"I have simply said that based on the Bible, homosexuality, the lifestyle of homosexuality, is a sin," he said.

These statements are based on his faith, not on fear, which is what homophobia is, a fear of homosexuals.

From Websters Dictionary

homophobia
noun ho·mo·pho·bia \ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə\

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA

: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

FIFY. Is it irrational if Ron Brown opposes homosexuality based on his faith? I don't think he dislikes gay people. He opposes their homosexuality.

It's a pretty mixed signal to say "hey, I like you, but unless you stop being yourself, you're going to burn in hell."

So I suppose you'd rather hear someone say, "Hey, I like you. And I think God will like what you're doing even though the bible forbids your action."

Are those my only two choices?

I dunno about the Ron Brown quote that's in your post. I don't think he (Ron Brown) would not speak quite that frankly. Although I suspect he might actually either believe what you said, or at least believe that the person is sinning by their actions.

Wait. You're doubting the accuracy of my quote? You don't have to take it on faith NUance. Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7855135/nebraska-cornhuskers- aide-ron-brown-faith-demands-anti-gay-stance

(I'm pretty sure Ron Brown realizes that it's not up to us (humans) to pronounce who will/will not go to hell.)

Then he can take his own peculiar comfort that God will eternally punish some of these fine young men he's been coaching, and not actively attempt to block the human definition of marriage.

I'm not sure how I got pulled into this argument. I just didn't think that Ron Brown actually said, "you're going to burn in hell." And even after reading the article you pointed to, I still don't think he said that. But he did point out what he believes to be a sin. And he said people would be held accountable for their sins.

/ not going to respond anymore. So take your best shot having the last word in this stupid series of posts that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

• Fire 1

Fairly certain Bo wasn't involved with the domestic abuse.

This. He may be a poor judge of character, but let's not attribute all of these characteristics to Bo.

Well, I'm not trying to pin these attributes to Bo himself. Just saying he really hired some gems.

That being said, lets see who Bo has kept around with him over the years and rehired at YSU: Carl the coke head and philanderer and Ron the homophobe. So maybe those aren't Bo's attributes, but he seems to be ok with them.

and look at who he didn't bring along, paps. so, there's that. good enough to be d.c. at donu, can't find a place for him at ysu. bo was just a f'ing grifter and lunatic and i hope he fails miserably at 'last chance u.'

To be fair, Paps maybe didn't want to follow him there. But I see your point.

i did think about that. and hopefully he finds a good fit and mentor where he can prosper and become a solid d.c. rather than whatever happened while he was at donu where he was just promoted to further insulate bo from reproach.

When did you come back?

#CoreValues

Carl the coke head and philanderer.

Marvin the philanderer, etc.

Ron the homophobe.

Kaz the wife beater.

Quite the collection.

I won't get into it to much, but it isn't correct to call Ron Brown a homophobe. Disagreeing with something doesn't automatically equal fear and hate.

This is true. But Ron Brown's statements make him homophobic. They just do.

Which statements?

Where have you been the last few years?

He said gays and lesbians do not deserve the same protections as groups that historically have been discriminated against, such as blacks and women.

"The scriptures teach that blacks were created by God, that women were created by God, but that homosexuals ... that is not what God had in mind at all," Brown said.

Brown said his words should not be interpreted as an attack on homosexuals.

"I have simply said that based on the Bible, homosexuality, the lifestyle of homosexuality, is a sin," he said.

These statements are based on his faith, not on fear, which is what homophobia is, a fear of homosexuals.

From Websters Dictionary

homophobia
noun ho·mo·pho·bia \ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə\

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA

FIFY. Is it irrational if Ron Brown opposes homosexuality based on his faith? I don't think he dislikes gay people. He opposes their homosexuality.

It's a pretty mixed signal to say "hey, I like you, but unless you stop being yourself, you're going to burn in hell."

So I suppose you'd rather hear someone say, "Hey, I like you. And I think God will like what you're doing even though the bible forbids your action."

Are those my only two choices?

I dunno about the Ron Brown quote that's in your post. I don't think he (Ron Brown) would not speak quite that frankly. Although I suspect he might actually either believe what you said, or at least believe that the person is sinning by their actions.

Wait. You're doubting the accuracy of my quote? You don't have to take it on faith NUance. Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7855135/nebraska-cornhuskers- aide-ron-brown-faith-demands-anti-gay-stance

(I'm pretty sure Ron Brown realizes that it's not up to us (humans) to pronounce who will/will not go to hell.)

Then he can take his own peculiar comfort that God will eternally punish some of these fine young men he's been coaching, and not actively attempt to block the human definition of marriage.

I'm not sure how I got pulled into this argument. I just didn't think that Ron Brown actually said, "you're going to burn in hell." And even after reading the article you pointed to, I still don't think he said that. But he did point out what he believes to be a sin. And he said people would be held accountable for their sins.

/ not going to respond anymore. So take your best shot having the last word in this stupid series of posts that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Sorry you feel that way.

It was a pretty smart series of posts about a coach who brought controversy to the University of Nebraska football team, not exactly off topic for this thread.

So, Ron Brown's statements put him in the same camp as a drug-user, philanderers, and a wife beater? Wow.

Yes. Replace "Gay" with "Black" and you'll see similarities in his comments to those of racist pro-segregation folks from 60+ years ago. Ironic that it is now a black man trying to discriminate.

Frankly, it's well past time for reasonable folks to call these things like they are. You can believe that being gay is a sin against the Christian god. But if you try to legislate against them, it makes you a bigot and a homophobe.

No. Ignorance and evil aren't the same thing. One is conscious and meditated, the other is learned subconscious prejudice that people generally don't have a ton of control over. You don't pick your parents, or where you're born, for example.

Not saying that Coach Brown is in the right here, I disagree with his stance, but hitting your wife and consuming hard drugs are different types of things than having a political opinion that you've been taught is right.

If you read up on domestic violence, you find an awful lot of men who were taught by their fathers that hitting your wife is right, as long as she had it coming.

Ignorance and evil aren't the same thing, but a lot of people preaching ignorance have a pretty good idea what they're doing, and a lot of their followers choose to be ignorant.

As the old saying goes: "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Now let's get the offensive line in shape!

• Fire 1

She'll just shoot you in the back if you run. I don't care if the person is a male or female, you should have the right to defend yourself if you feel threatened. Now against a woman, I would try to grab and restrain her before hitting her, but if that's the only way to give you enough time to get away.

If she's Puerto Rican, your chances aren't good regardless...Papi!

304.gif

Ok, not all Puerto Ricuenas, obviously, just the ones I know/dated. And it's not particularly a criticism.

She'll just shoot you in the back if you run. I don't care if the person is a male or female, you should have the right to defend yourself if you feel threatened. Now against a woman, I would try to grab and restrain her before hitting her, but if that's the only way to give you enough time to get away.

If she's Puerto Rican, your chances aren't good regardless...Papi!

304.gif

Mistake post. Don't know how to delete.

I do think this thread needs to be sealed and locked.

Or moved since it has nothing to do with Husker football.

Sometimes football and politics intersect. Especially when coaches insert themselves into political debates using their coaching credentials as to support their stance.

• Fire 2

So, Ron Brown's statements put him in the same camp as a drug-user, philanderers, and a wife beater? Wow.

Yes. Replace "Gay" with "Black" and you'll see similarities in his comments to those of racist pro-segregation folks from 60+ years ago. Ironic that it is now a black man trying to discriminate.

Frankly, it's well past time for reasonable folks to call these things like they are. You can believe that being gay is a sin against the Christian god. But if you try to legislate against them, it makes you a bigot and a homophobe.

No. Ignorance and evil aren't the same thing. One is conscious and meditated, the other is learned subconscious prejudice that people generally don't have a ton of control over. You don't pick your parents, or where you're born, for example.

Not saying that Coach Brown is in the right here, I disagree with his stance, but hitting your wife and consuming hard drugs are different types of things than having a political opinion that you've been taught is right.

That's kind of my point entirety. 60 years ago people were taught that blacks were inferior and that's what they believed to be right. So we should tolerate that ignorance because it is what they believe?

• Fire 1

I do think this thread needs to be sealed and locked.

Or moved since it has nothing to do with Husker football.
Sometimes football and politics intersect. Especially when coaches insert themselves into political debates using their coaching credentials as to support their stance.
I'm fine with the discussion taking place, but it's odd that it's taking place in the subforum specifically for Husker football talk. This ain't that, and these guys are no longer associated with the Huskers.

I guess I don't really care either way. I was just offering a better suggestion than locking it down.

A few months ago, I would have told you that Ron Brown was the only coach on Pelini's staff that I truly respected. Then, despite Pelini's psychotic meltdown and yet more evidence that Bo is a complete nutjob a*****e, Brown decided to join him in Youngstown. Now my opinion is that Ron Brown is a complete hypocrite, who preaches about Christianity, but works for and essentially endorses a man who represents everything he claims to oppose.

So good riddance to the entire former staff. Those no-talent trashy assclowns will fit in far better in the broken down trailer park that is Youngstown.

• Fire 1