Signed - CB Lamar Jackson

Mavric

Could see him starting as a true frosh

That could be tough with Gerry, A. Williams, and A. Reed....

Being recruited as a CB

Ah, I didn't realize that. The path to starting would seem even harder for him then. Kalu, and Jones really seemed to be coming on there towards the end. Either way, looking forward to getting a kid like this in the fold.

Being recruited as a CB

Ah, I didn't realize that. The path to starting would seem even harder for him then. Kalu, and Jones really seemed to be coming on there towards the end. Either way, looking forward to getting a kid like this in the fold.

No path should be to hard if you are better then whats in front of you.

Being recruited as a CB

Beings the pass defense was ranked 121st in the nation, I'm assuming that all but one position in the secondary (Gerry) is up for grabs.

Being recruited as a CB

Kalu, and Jones have obvious talent. And showed a lot of improvement at the end of the year (both had an INT in the bowl game). I'm not saying he won't/can't pass them up, but it's hard to assume an incoming freshman is going to be the starting CB in 2016. There's a couple talented RsF that might have something to say about the position as well (Lee, Anderson).

I remember someone saying that Lamar wants to be a boundry corner, and that's what Banker was telling him we wanted him as.

My question is who was our boundary corner last year, and what does that mean? My guess would be wide side of the field, but that's a pure guess.

I believe it is the opposite. Boundary corner defends the short side of the field while the other corner, I believe typically called the field corner, defends the wider part of the field.

• Fire 1

Being recruited as a CB

Kalu, and Jones have obvious talent. And showed a lot of improvement at the end of the year (both had an INT in the bowl game). I'm not saying he won't/can't pass them up, but it's hard to assume an incoming freshman is going to be the starting CB in 2016. There's a couple talented RsF that might have something to say about the position as well (Lee, Anderson).

Sounded like Lee was really really close to playing, could be a big contributor this season.

Stewart will be in home Wednesday. Very close relationship between Stewart and Lamar/family. Can't quote it but a quote from Lamar sounds like Stewart is killing it.

We are telling him he's the #1 guy on our board.

Really only considering 2 schools right now.

Talking to Riley at least every other day.

Has a group chat with Domann and Fitzpatrick going regularly.

• Fire 4

Stewart will be in home Wednesday. Very close relationship between Stewart and Lamar/family. Can't quote it but a quote from Lamar sounds like Stewart is killing it.

Stewart has built a nice relationship but I though it was Williams that actually had the family connection.

Edit:

His receiver coach in high school played for Williams and Jackson's 7-on-7 coach is Williams' cousin. Good to have connections.

Wow. That was terribly worded. But it should be his HS WR coach who is also their 7-on-7 coach is Williams' cousin.

Stewart has built a nice relationship but I though it was Williams that actually had the family connection.

The Jackson family has a great relationship with both. The article I read was mostly about Stewart and Lamar stated how well his family and Stewart get along.