Another Husker problem with weed?

Honestly, does anyone really care if anyone on the Husker football team smokes?

I care because it is illegal and against the rules of playing the game. Which comes with a penalty if caught. Which makes you a selfish person that doesn't care about the team. If you don't like the rule of not smoking weed while under scholarship, go play intramurals, brother.

Or move to Boulder and play for the Buffaloes. Which, right now, is about the same as playing intramurals.

:lol:

The wisdom, maturity and willpower of 19 year olds is not notoriously well-developed.

Especially college celebrities away from home for the first time.

Would love for these kids to be role models, but this is the age where even good kids make mistakes and pampered athletes envy the students who don't have their every movement monitored, or sent viral on Instagram.

I think there's a difference between accepting a joint at a party and stealing a bicycle, but I get why they fall on the same side of the punishment ledger.

Alcohol is more dangerous and always has been. Have to assume that underage drinking warrants the same penalty.

Smoking marijuana cigarettes is the number one leading cause of bulky rib protectors.

You mean it isn't cheeseburgers?
Smoking pot leads to the munchies, which leads to eating many cheeseburgers, and that leads to rib protectors.
  • Fire 2

Smoking marijuana cigarettes is the number one leading cause of bulky rib protectors.

You mean it isn't cheeseburgers?
Smoking pot leads to the munchies, which leads to eating many cheeseburgers, and that leads to rib protectors.
So that's why they call it a gateway drug.

So pot is a gateway drug...to fraud?

Naw. Gateway to bike theft.

Ha! Nice!

I don't remember a lot of pot in the dorms but there sure could have been. I do remember that on Fridays you could basically hear everyone backpack making clanging sounds while filled with beer cans and bottles as they brought in the fun-juice.

I was in the dorms 77 and 78. You could hardly get on an elevator that didn't reek. I have it on a reliable source that 11th Floor Abel hall had a BAT committee that organized BATs across the campus and at various off site locations.

I am of the understanding (a "friend" told me) that BAT stands for "Bong-a-Thon"

All just hearsay of course. And I played pool with a rather well know tight end that always had blood shot eyes. I think he must have worked night shifts of something. :-)

Honestly, does anyone really care if anyone on the Husker football team smokes?

I care because it is illegal and against the rules of playing the game. Which comes with a penalty if caught. Which makes you a selfish person that doesn't care about the team. If you don't like the rule of not smoking weed while under scholarship, go play intramurals, brother.

Or move to Boulder and play for the Buffaloes. Which, right now, is about the same as playing intramurals.

:lol:

Any truth to the rumors they'll be changing their name to the "Puff"aloes?

I remember back in my small town high school there were about a dozen "blowmies" we called them. that smoked pot..They were the ones that were either the lowest 10% of our graduating classes, or had already dropped out...Then at UNL, I never saw it again...just cheap beer and maybe some Asti Spumanti for a cheap date.

I do wonder if Colorado bans players from partaking (in pot),,,It's legal for recreational use in their state, and could be considered a recruiting advantage..

The use was wide spread in VietNam. Saw the results of it, on the good and the bad. Never tried it, never drank, never smoked and no tats. Not the norm for a lifer so to speak.

The point for me is that the NCAA says it is illegal. We have had several instances of it and I think some left under the Pelini run due to it. The program, the team and the state pay the price for it. Not just the individual. Headlines in my email, Nebraska DB busted for pot.

Kids are kids, but these must realize that they are in a fishbowl. I expect Coach Riley to come down hard on this individual. I hope he does. Sometime or another these prima donnas have to answer for their actions.

• Fire 1

So pot is a gateway drug...to fraud?

Naw. Gateway to bike theft.

Ha! Nice!

I don't remember a lot of pot in the dorms but there sure could have been. I do remember that on Fridays you could basically hear everyone backpack making clanging sounds while filled with beer cans and bottles as they brought in the fun-juice.

I was in the dorms 77 and 78. You could hardly get on an elevator that didn't reek. I have it on a reliable source that 11th Floor Abel hall had a BAT committee that organized BATs across the campus and at various off site locations.

I am of the understanding (a "friend" told me) that BAT stands for "Bong-a-Thon"

All just hearsay of course. And I played pool with a rather well know tight end that always had blood shot eyes. I think he must have worked night shifts of something. :-)

I was in Abel 6 in '79-80..

Never smelled the stuff once..but then it was considered an "Engineering floor" at the time with shorter visiting hours...I don't even remember anyone smoking tobacco unless you were really drunk at the bars..

I do wonder if Colorado bans players from partaking (in pot),,,It's legal for recreational use in their state, and could be considered a recruiting advantage..

It is an NCAA rule, so CU/CSU/UW/WSU players should get disciplined for smoking. Same for the NFL, Peyton Manning would get suspended for smoking because it is against NFL rules.