If you had to build your defense around 1 player..

Starts up front. Always has. Always will. Dozens of great dlineman have gone through the U that id take over Taylor. And not an indictment on Taylor-god rest his soul-its just a circumstance of the sport.

Want a more realistic and thought out question? Make it between Suh and Sapp.

• Fire 1

Starts up front. Always has. Always will. Dozens of great dlineman have gone through the U that id take over Taylor. And not an indictment on Taylor-god rest his soul-its just a circumstance of the sport.

Bin-f'n-go

Sean Taylor was great. But I'm pretty sure most people here will choose Suh. And rightly so. Suh single-handedly dominated games to the point where he would nearly always draw double teams. Sometimes triple teams. This is what happened when one guy was left to block Suh: :lol:

suh.gif

btw, That was an Oklahoma lineman Suh tossed back into the QB.

I always remember that one video and was thinking about it when I read the OP. Suh - so much pressure, so disruptive against the pass and run. Made the linebackers that much better.

Sean Taylor was great. But I'm pretty sure most people here will choose Suh. And rightly so. Suh single-handedly dominated games to the point where he would nearly always draw double teams. Sometimes triple teams. This is what happened when one guy was left to block Suh: :lol:

suh.gif

btw, That was an Oklahoma lineman Suh tossed back into the QB.

I always remember that one video and was thinking about it when I read the OP. Suh - so much pressure, so disruptive against the pass and run. Made the linebackers that much better.

Yeah, a guy like Suh makes everyone look better. LBs, DBs other D-linemen. Not as much time to run passing routes and throw passes. Suh screwed up their blocking schemes. The guy was a wrecking machine. That's why he's the kind of guy to build a defense around.

Sean Taylor was good, but this is a real bad comparison for a few reasons.

1)No husker fan(and we are all husker fans) will pick against Suh.

2) Suh was more dominant at his positions than Taylor

3) a dominant DT is far more important than a dominant S

If you want a more fair comparison, compare Suh to another DT or a guy like Ray Lewis.

MLB is vital

Sean Taylor was good, but this is a real bad comparison for a few reasons.

1)No husker fan(and we are all husker fans) will pick against Suh.

2) Suh was more dominant at his positions than Taylor

3) a dominant DT is far more important than a dominant S

If you want a more fair comparison, compare Suh to another DT or a guy like Ray Lewis.

MLB is vital

I'd still pick Suh over Ray Lewis, mostly because I wouldn't have worry about Suh holding a guy down while he was being stabbed to death. Does anyone really have a good defender to compare Suh to that was as dominant as he was in college? Warren Sapp maybe? I just can't think of another college player that single handedly dominated the college game in the fashion Suh did. I know other players have to be planned around, but you could double or triple team Suh and he'd still eff you in the a. It just didn't matter.

Keeping it just in the family, I know there was a beast of a DT in the 1970s that Suh drew comparisons to -- or maybe the other way around. I want to say the name is Rich Glover.

But, yeah. Little known fact: Ndamukong Suh was the singular inspiration for Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

I was thinking Dorsey, both of whom had success in a Pelini defense. But I like the Sapp comparison better. And to be honest, for me, it's like picking which kid I love more, I really can't. If I had to choose, I'd pick Sapp, just because I'd love to hear his trash talk as he destroyed lineman.

As for Sean Taylor, may have been the BEST safety the NFL would have ever had. But, his impact, and the impact of anyone in the back 4 isn't nearly as profound as the impact that a superior DT will have.

In college (not pros)

Sean Taylor or Suh?

Let's hear it.

10 out of 10 times I'm picking DL......work inside then out. In this case Suh without question.

Same thing if you were to say Sapp or Ray Lewis.....I'm going Sapp.

...and yes I chose two Canes players instead of a Nebraska backer because I refuse to choose a Cane over a Huskers.