***2018 Recruiting***

Didn't Mav post in Mario's thread he is a CB and we are now done at CB? Wouldn't that mean we don't have room for Griffin?

I think that's a guy where you take him and figure out who goes where later. Good point though. It's a really interesting puzzle with not many pieces to be used. Man oh man what would this class look like at 18-20.

Anyone know when next ratings are released for each of the major services? Our guys seem like they have showed out at different respective camps and a few look to be in line for bumps I'd think.

Something has just occurred to me today. Are we recruiting so hard at WR because Fuller is out or do we actually want four? If we landed Moore and lost Fuller and decided at 11 commits to grab 1 RB, 1 DE, 1 S, and trying to pick up Redmond, Parsons, Latu, or Alston at the boundary LB spot. That puts us at 15.

I actually think both are true.

We knew that D Will and K Will would recruit their asses off, but it's now time for another position coach to step up. I love these top notch athletes, but it's time for some OL, DL, or LBs to come aboard.

Welp considering it's been said many times (by Mike Riley too) that WRs and CBs were going to be the focus of this class, and they can take multiple guys at those positions, it's not completely surprising that those two spots have filled up first. I don't think it's a matter of the other coaches "stepping up", but we have to be pretty choosy with who we take at OL, DL, and LB. Also it's only May and 70% of our class is filled, the coaches have some time to "step up".

We knew that D Will and K Will would recruit their asses off, but it's now time for another position coach to step up. I love these top notch athletes, but it's time for some OL, DL, or LBs to come aboard.

Welp considering it's been said many times (by Mike Riley too) that WRs and CBs were going to be the focus of this class, and they can take multiple guys at those positions, it's not completely surprising that those two spots have filled up first. I don't think it's a matter of the other coaches "stepping up", but we have to be pretty choosy with who we take at OL, DL, and LB. Also it's only May and 70% of our class is filled, the coaches have some time to "step up".

They've also done pretty well the last two years. Cav added some strong players that were and are going to redshirt. Depth there is looking better and better. Not perfect mind you but much better than before. Brey also has done pretty darn well too with players like Roberts. Davis has some work to do, but like was stated, it's only May and they have time. The Dline with Parrella has added some pretty good players as well. Not too many spots to complain about to this point. Development is going to be key now for the ones we have coming in.

I think we will end up taking 18. We currently have 15 open spots for 2018, but what if one of our 2017 doesn't academically qualify? What if a guy like Adam Taylor decides to move on after summer school and pursue a grad degree somewhere else? Or they could choose to give the 2 extra scholarships we didn't use in the 2017 class to a senior walk on so they could go to the 2018 class.

I think we will end up taking 18. We currently have 15 open spots for 2018, but what if one of our 2017 doesn't academically qualify? What if a guy like Adam Taylor decides to move on after summer school and pursue a grad degree somewhere else? Or they could choose to give the 2 extra scholarships we didn't use in the 2017 class to a senior walk on so they could go to the 2018 class.

Taylor is a senior is he not?

They've also done pretty well the last two years. Cav added some strong players that were and are going to redshirt. Depth there is looking better and better. Not perfect mind you but much better than before. Brey also has done pretty darn well too with players like Roberts. Davis has some work to do, but like was stated, it's only May and they have time. The Dline with Parrella has added some pretty good players as well. Not too many spots to complain about to this point. Development is going to be key now for the ones we have coming in.

Coach Cav since 2015 has landed two 4 star OL. One that looks like he may never start and the other a legacy recruit.

Coach Bray has landed one 4 star since 2015 - Roberts should be a damn good one, but still only one.

I'm not saying we should be landing kids like that left and right, but it still is what it is when you look at it.

Coach Cav since 2015 has landed two 4 star OL. One that looks like he may never start and the other a legacy recruit.

Coach Bray has landed one 4 star since 2015 - Roberts should be a damn good one, but still only one.

I'm not saying we should be landing kids like that left and right, but it still is what it is when you look at it.

Matt Farniok or John Raridon may never start? Both 4 stars and too young to really know I'd think as RS freshmen. Trust the process

Matt Farniok or John Raridon may never start? Both 4 stars and too young to really know I'd think as RS freshmen. Trust the process

Per Rivals we have had 2 - Barnett (may never start) and Raridon who will but was a legacy recruit. I was even more concerned with Bray, cause not only recruiting, the play of the LBs last year was abysmal. I like the guy but he has gotten too much praise IMO

Per Rivals we have had 2 - Barnett (may never start) and Raridon who will but was a legacy recruit. I was even more concerned with Bray, cause not only recruiting, the play of the LBs last year was abysmal. I like the guy but he has gotten too much praise IMO

That's an opinion that has some weight as far as Bray. New defense this year probably doesn't help. I'm still willing to be patient though

I'm not very concerned about Bray. I do admit that the enthusiasm for his recruiting does seem to be higher than the guys he's actually landed.

But most people thought he did quite a bit with what he had to work with in 2015. I don't really blame him at all for the LB play last year - we changed defensive schemes and it was brutal for the LBs. They were constantly caught in the middle, too far away to make a play on anything. I'll withhold judgement until I see how things go with a (hopefully) competent defensive scheme.

• Fire 2