***2018 Recruiting***

We knew that D Will and K Will would recruit their asses off, but it's now time for another position coach to step up. I love these top notch athletes, but it's time for some OL, DL, or LBs to come aboard.

Welp considering it's been said many times (by Mike Riley too) that WRs and CBs were going to be the focus of this class, and they can take multiple guys at those positions, it's not completely surprising that those two spots have filled up first. I don't think it's a matter of the other coaches "stepping up", but we have to be pretty choosy with who we take at OL, DL, and LB. Also it's only May and 70% of our class is filled, the coaches have some time to "step up".

They've also done pretty well the last two years. Cav added some strong players that were and are going to redshirt. Depth there is looking better and better. Not perfect mind you but much better than before. Brey also has done pretty darn well too with players like Roberts. Davis has some work to do, but like was stated, it's only May and they have time. The Dline with Parrella has added some pretty good players as well. Not too many spots to complain about to this point. Development is going to be key now for the ones we have coming in.

Coach Cav since 2015 has landed two 4 star OL. One that looks like he may never start and the other a legacy recruit.

Coach Bray has landed one 4 star since 2015 - Roberts should be a damn good one, but still only one.

I'm not saying we should be landing kids like that left and right, but it still is what it is when you look at it.

Matt Farniok or John Raridon may never start? Both 4 stars and too young to really know I'd think as RS freshmen. Trust the process

Per Rivals we have had 2 - Barnett (may never start) and Raridon who will but was a legacy recruit. I was even more concerned with Bray, cause not only recruiting, the play of the LBs last year was abysmal. I like the guy but he has gotten too much praise IMO

And per other sources, there are more than 2.

I think we will end up taking 18. We currently have 15 open spots for 2018, but what if one of our 2017 doesn't academically qualify? What if a guy like Adam Taylor decides to move on after summer school and pursue a grad degree somewhere else? Or they could choose to give the 2 extra scholarships we didn't use in the 2017 class to a senior walk on so they could go to the 2018 class.

Taylor is a senior is he not?
Correct but he is a 5th year senior, so he very realistically could have finished his bachelors already or possibly this summer and transfer for grad school.

I think we will end up taking 18. We currently have 15 open spots for 2018, but what if one of our 2017 doesn't academically qualify? What if a guy like Adam Taylor decides to move on after summer school and pursue a grad degree somewhere else? Or they could choose to give the 2 extra scholarships we didn't use in the 2017 class to a senior walk on so they could go to the 2018 class.

Correct but he is a 5th year senior, so he very realistically could have finished his bachelors already or possibly this summer and transfer for grad school.

Seniors leaving don't open up schollies for next year though.

Seniors leaving don't open up schollies for next year though.

True.

Fuller a big question mark at WR. Might not take a QB or RB. Story is we're full at DT.

Current Scholarships/Commits

Priority:
OT - Glaring need of depth
DB - Still looking for a couple more

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QB - 0 -
RB - 0-1 - Grahm Roberts
WR - 3-4 - MANUEL ALLEN, CAMERON BROWN, Kamryn Babb, Nikko Hall, Joshua Moore, Kobe Smith, Tommy Bush
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 2 - Chris Bleich, Trey Stratford
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1 - MASRY MAPIEU
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Judge Culpepper, Daniel Carson
LB - 1 - Jalen Redmond, Cameron Latu, Randy Charlton, James Head, David Alston, Elijah Wade
CB - 3 - BRENDAN RADLEY-HILES, CHASE WILLIAMS, MARIO GOODRICH
S - 1-2 - Bryan Addison, Houston Griffith, Leon O'Neal

ATH - Talanoa Hufanga

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

Edited by Mavric

honestly as crazy as this is going to sound if Fuller drops it isn't the end of the world. We have Tyjon and Spielman in that same role and both will be Freshmen this season. That scholarship could be used to get another elite player on the defensive side of the ball at S/CB/OLB and I think it would be a better use.

That being said I would obviously love to have Fuller on our team. Guy is an elite prospect and you don't just turn those types of guys away. Especially with speed and shiftiness like he has.

With the Fuller situation, it helps knowing we have K Will recruiting that reciever position and at this point it seems like a 4 star prospect at WR is easily replaceable.

Not to say Fuller isn't a great prospect who I would love to have, just a testament to the job Williams has done here

• Fire 2