Riley Shelf Life

I see Mark Riley improving the team, but not the overall record. The schedule gets significantly more difficult going forward, which is why I see the conference hard to win and more 8-4 records.

Will that be okay with Nebraska fans in 3 years? We'll have to see.

Not real sure Mark will do much but I have complete faith that Mike Riley is pulling this team in the correct direction... I give this staff 5 years !!

• Fire 1

Wins take care of themselves if you're taking care of the details. Bo alway's preached about the little things, and I think it became very evident that behind the scenes, there were a lot of little things that were not being taken care of.

So, speaking of taking care of details and winning, Riley's record the past 5 seasons was 29-33.

Wins take care of themselves if you're taking care of the details. Bo alway's preached about the little things, and I think it became very evident that behind the scenes, there were a lot of little things that were not being taken care of.

So, speaking of taking care of details and winning, Riley's record the past 5 seasons was 29-33.

No way you don't like the Riley hire?!?!? I didn't know that

• Fire 1

Can we ban broken records? At least until midway through the season? This same sh#t is said over and over by this poster. It's just spam now.

Since we play in the worst division out of the power 5 conferences, he's got 2 years to make it to the Conference championship, and 5 to bring one home. At that point, we'll be at 2 decades since our last conference championship. If it doesn't happen by then, we've got some major soul searching to do.

You seemed fine with giving Pelini another year (8th) even though he hadn't accomplished that. Let's not blame Riley for failures of past coaches.

Please show me where I said anything of the sort.

I don't remember, were we setting deadlines for the previous staff when they were hired.

We set expectations, same as we're doing here. We didn't like what we were seeing on and off the field, so we made a change. If we aren't going to lay out what we want/expect from a coach, then why did we make a change at all?

Part of the reason Bo got so much support for so long was because he's "better than Callahan" and had to clean up the previous regimes mess. Those changes were clearly done by year 2, and at that point the talk of fixing up the Callahan stuff should have died, and he should have been evaluated on his own merit. And that's something I'm guilty of. I prefer not to repeat mistakes, hence my statements above about soul searching after year 5 if we haven't won anything.

Those are the facts

Hope for the best, support the team, but be realistic/sceptical

I wonder what Bo Pelini's record would be if he was coaching at Oregon St. the last five seasons, instead of at Nebraska.

Stanford

USC

Oregon

Washington

UCLA

Arizona St.

There's six probable losses a year for Bo Pelini.

Then throw in your unreasonable loss to a team that shouldn't be able to compete with you, like WSU, Cal, Utah or Arizona. In all reality, Bo probably loses 2 of those games because Cal, WSU, Utah, and Arizona are a lot more comparable to Oregon St. than Northwestern, Iowa, or Minnesota is to Nebraska.

Imagine the whining about all the DISADVANTAGES he has to face at Oregon St. Holy crap, and this is a guy who thought he had it rough here.

Sorry TheSker, it probably seems unreasonable to assume how Bo Pelini would do at a school he's never even coached a game at, huh?

I wonder what Bo Pelini's record would be if he was coaching at Oregon St. the last five seasons, instead of at Nebraska.

Stanford

USC

Oregon

Washington

UCLA

Arizona St.

Then throw in your unreasonable loss to a team that shouldn't be able to compete with you, like WSU, Cal, Utah or Arizona. In all reality, Bo probably loses 2 of those games because Cal, WSU, Utah, and Arizona are a lot more comparable to Oregon St. than Northwestern, Iowa, or Minnesota is to Nebraska.

Imagine the whining about all the DISADVANTAGES he has to face at Oregon St. Holy crap, and this is a guy who thought he had it rough here.

Sorry TheSker, it probably seems unreasonable to assume how Bo Pelini would do at a school he's never even coached a game at, huh?

I'm not really a hypothetical person......but facts are easily findable. Riley's resume is absolutely questionable at best for a job like Nebraska.

I am cautiously optimistic. There needed to be a change...desperately! The culture around the Huskers was borderline toxic. I feel we all thought we would make this big splash hire that was an automatic home run. When MR was announced I was like, who the H is this guy?! After listening to him and getting things rolling on the recruiting trail, his stock has risen with me. I hope that will continue to rise with the product he puts on the field. It seems as if the assistants are good people...the question mark is the DC, but maybe with a not so complex scheme, the athletes that are on the team now will be able to just play ball and fly around to make plays.

• Fire 2

Stanford

USC

Oregon

Washington

UCLA

Arizona St.

I'm not really a hypothetical person......but facts are easily findable. Riley's resume is absolutely questionable at best for a job like Nebraska.

It's better than hiring someone with no track record.

I am cautiously optimistic. There needed to be a change...desperately! The culture around the Huskers was borderline toxic. I feel we all thought we would make this big splash hire that was an automatic home run. When MR was announced I was like, who the H is this guy?! After listening to him and getting things rolling on the recruiting trail, his stock has risen with me. I hope that will continue to rise with the product he puts on the field. It seems as if the assistants are good people...the question mark is the DC, but maybe with a not so complex scheme, the athletes that are on the team now will be able to just play ball and fly around to make plays.

I think that's how alot of us feel, I know I did.