"Let's bring Nebraska back." - Bill Snyder

The B1G is a much more stable and stronger oraganization. That's better for us despite the nostalgia and sentiment I do still have for the Big 12. After all, I grew up on Colorado Thanksgiving games and hating K-State. Others grew up on NU-OU. Times change ;)

Let's have more OOC games with Big 12 teams, though. That would be cool.

I couldn't. find my prior post on the same topic but . . .

List of conditions:

• Nebraska gets veto power on any conference decision
  • The conference HQ moves back to Overland Park
  • Jerry world is banned from having the conference championship game (if it happens) for 20 years
  • Shaggy Bevo gets removed from the internet
  • Bevo TV profits get shared equally with all schools
  • Nebraska names the conference commissioner
  • NU - OU must occur every year
  • Burnt Orange is banned from every stadium and or arena
  • Baseball practice begins when the snow melts in Nebraska and or Iowa
  • NU gets all the money withheld from the Big 12 when it changed conferences and the difference withheld from the B1G full share withheld with a 20% interest
  • One second from the NU-Texas game gets removed and Nebraska wins the game
  • Fire 7

One of the biggest things I've heard against the B1G is quality of football. With tosu, mich st, harbaugh at mich, pen state seemingly turning the corner and decent play coming out of Minnesota (I know I'll get burned for that but it's true) I feel like the b1g over the next 3-7 years will become as relevant as any other conference. Why leave when the fightings getting good. Because baylor and tcu are playing well? We are in a conference with national champs. I'd rather be picking my fight with them than any b12 team.

• Fire 2

I think NU should try to schedule Colorado and Oklahoma permanently on their schedule. Playing Oklahoma every year would help offset the Big 10 West weenies.

Colorado on the other hand might not help bolster the schedule but it's better than playing McNeese State or (insert FCS school). Or they could play Colorado twice, then KState twice, then Colorado twice, etc...

• Fire 2

I think there is no sense in trying to go back. in the next few years things will change even more drastically IMO. we may end up playing some of these teams regularly if we end up with some sort of large "super conference" which would basically be a renegotiation of what D-1 means

Simple. We won't do it because we don't back down from a challenge. Can hear it right now.."Those nebraska fellahs couldn't handle the B1G so they left and tuck tailed out of the conference".

Yeah that is reason #1. Why leave our new home before we successfully won it?