DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

This is obviously a big blow with DPE being the game changer that he is, but if there's any position we could afford an injury to a top guy, it was probably WR.

I disagree. While, there is a lot of young talent there, it is VERY unproven. Now, the only guys with a lot of experience are Westerkamp and Reilly. Everyone else is a frosh or a guy who hasn't contributed much in their careers.

This is obviously a big blow with DPE being the game changer that he is, but if there's any position we could afford an injury to a top guy, it was probably WR.

He is one of only a few WR with experience, not including our IR WR group, and his contribution is even more significant at special teams, on par with what AA was to the RB position last year.

I was excepting our special teams and defense to be the strength of this team this season, with special teams being the known commodity behind Sam Foltz and DPE. I question whether we will have an electric offense, or even a consistent one early on, so the field position battle will be huge. DPE's absences will definitely be felt.

By the way everyone, Week 6 is Wisconsin in Lincoln. I have a sneaky feeling DPE is going to do everything he can to try and be on the field that game.

If it's 6 weeks from today, earliest he'll be back is for Illinois. 8 weeks would be after UW, and for Minnesota. Let's hope it's 6 weeks.

This is a bummer. I think (like said above) this could cost us games, mainly due to his returning prowess. Him either returning for a td or just giving the offense great field position is huge, let alone what he may be capable of at wide receiver. I hate injuries.

Agree. NU getting "cheap" points from a return TD or him flipping the field would have been a huge weapon for NU early in the year. This is especially tough the first half of the season with the offense trying to find it's way with Riley's offense.

I disagree. While, there is a lot of young talent there, it is VERY unproven. Now, the only guys with a lot of experience are Westerkamp and Reilly. Everyone else is a frosh or a guy who hasn't contributed much in their careers.

In addition, we needed DPE for returning punts. You know, because he is a preseason All-American at doing that.

• Fire 1