BYU & Religion

One religion calling out another... that's rich.

LMAO, No sh#t right?! +1

I want to know how this is any different than "fans of one college football team calling out another"

Nobody has really called anyone out, besides me posting a South Park video poking fun at Mormonism, which, I'm beyond happy to have someone posting South Park videos poking fun at anything I believe as well.

I wasn't calling you out. South Park Mormon episode was brilliant. The moral is all religions can be questioned, it's the lessons you should take from it that count.

My issue was with people who throw the stereotypical multiple wives nonsense out, or how they are bad people for some other aspect of their religion. It was getting really raw on the facebook page and nothing was being done about it, really annoyed me.

I started seeing that here today. Common outsiders of this state typically think we are Amish or all live on a farm so most probably think we are racist, or bigoted. Just bothers me to be stereotyped by others while we do nothing to stop stereotyping others.

Okay, rant over. A lot of it was funny, most was specifically aimed at one annoying BYU fan anyways. Just glad its all in its own section now.

Hey BYU Mormons:

If it's necessary to have a body in order to become a God, then how did the Holy Spirit, who has none, become a God?

Why does the Book of Mormon say that black skin is a curse because of iniquity?

How could the Garden of Eden be in Missouri (according to Mormonism) when the Pearl of Great Price 3:10-14 tells us it was the area of Assyria when it mentions the rivers of Eden located there?

You're right. You didn't call them out here.
  • Fire 1

Hey BYU Mormons:

If it's necessary to have a body in order to become a God, then how did the Holy Spirit, who has none, become a God?

How could the Garden of Eden be in Missouri (according to Mormonism) when the Pearl of Great Price 3:10-14 tells us it was the area of Assyria when it mentions the rivers of Eden located there?

These are legitimate questions that I would absolutely love answers to.

Hey BYU Mormons:

Then why don't you go to a message board devoted to religious topics or specifically Mormonism/Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to ask them? Instead you make Husker fans look unwelcoming and unaccommodating to others' beliefs when the focus should be on their team and their school and having light banter with visiting fans/new friends.

• Fire 5

Hey BYU Mormons:

Questions you want answered or questions you found on some website to promote you agenda in this thread?

While we're at it, how did some dude manage to build a ship large enough to house two of every animal in existence by himself in seven days? That's one I've always wanted an answer to...

Well, it must have been pretty big since he worked on it for 100 years.

While we're at it, how did some dude manage to build a ship large enough to house two of every animal in existence by himself in seven days? That's one I've always wanted an answer to...

Seven days? Don't get confused wt the creation days. Genesis 5-7 80- 100 years per the Biblical story.

Seven days? Don't get confused wt the creation days. Genesis 5-7 80- 100 years per the Biblical story.

I call BS. He wouldn't have lived long enough to build it.

I call BS. He wouldn't have lived long enough to build it.

Some of the old testament peeps lived a long arse time. Noah was supposedly 950 when he died.