What BYU fans need to know about Nebraska football

NUance

with 18 national top 25 finishes in the last 37 seasons, the Cougars are in top 15 program territory.

the deleniation of P5 vs Non P5 is based on discrimination and possibly religious bigotry

lol.

They are top 25 program at the highest I would say not top 15. This is top 25 finishes not top 15 Btw Louie, most of those finished are probably in the 20s. They are a good football school but not top 15 and one National Champ against sub par competition and an unranked Michigan for the championship

We win, its no big deal. They are a mid level team blah, blah, blah.... We lose, they will be an up and coming power house, great QB etc......

Bottom line, we need to punch them in the mouth from the the first snap and not let up until NU is moving to the locker room after the final whistle. We are team that struggled with McNeese St, SDSU, road killed by Wisky etc..... NU needs to prove it on the field. There is not one team, that we can ignore this year.

with 18 national top 25 finishes in the last 37 seasons, the Cougars are in top 15 program territory.

the deleniation of P5 vs Non P5 is based on discrimination and possibly religious bigotry

lol.

Here are 19 programs that would come in before BYU in any list. And I'm not including the recent risers like Oregon, Wisconsin, Baylor, and Michigan St.

Nebraska

Michigan

Ohio St

Penn St

Oklahoma

Texas

Alabama

Auburn

LSU

Texas A&M

Florida

Georgia

Tennessee

Florida St

Miami

Clemson

USC

UCLA

Notre Dame

I'm sure a big reason BYU isn't included is due to religious bigotry. And it has nothing to do with mainly playing in a conference that contained Colorado St, Air Force, SDSU, and Wyoming for the majority of the last 40 years.

We win, its no big deal. They are a mid level team blah, blah, blah.... We lose, they will be an up and coming power house, great QB etc......

Bottom line, we need to punch them in the mouth from the the first snap and not let up until NU is moving to the locker room after the final whistle. We are team that struggled with McNeese St, SDSU, road killed by Wisky etc..... NU needs to prove it on the field. There is not one team, that we can ignore this year.

If we lose, we have a problem.

Bottom line, we should not lose this game.

lol.

Here are 19 programs that would come in before BYU in any list. And I'm not including the recent risers like Oregon, Wisconsin, Baylor, and Michigan St.

Nebraska

Michigan

Ohio St

Penn St

Oklahoma

Texas

Alabama

Auburn

LSU

Texas A&M

Florida

Georgia

Tennessee

Florida St

Miami

Clemson

USC

UCLA

Notre Dame

I'm sure a big reason BYU isn't included is due to religious bigotry. And it has nothing to do with mainly playing in a conference that contained Colorado St, Air Force, SDSU, and Wyoming for the majority of the last 40 years.

It should be. Their religion is a joke. Listen to a Mormon really explain what they believe and it's hard to listen without thinking "how are you not laughing at this?"

lol.

Nebraska

Michigan

Ohio St

Penn St

Oklahoma

Texas

Alabama

Auburn

LSU

Texas A&M

Florida

Georgia

Tennessee

Florida St

Miami

Clemson

USC

UCLA

Notre Dame

It should be. Their religion is a joke. Listen to a Mormon really explain what they believe and it's hard to listen without thinking "how are you not laughing at this?"

Quite frankly, I could say the same about any religion, but that's beside the point. I'm not sure why BYU's affiliation with Mormonism got brought up in the first place.

There's a thread in the politics & religion forum for serious talk about BYU fans' belief in Mormonism.

Frankly I've always liked BYU's program. Steve Young is my favorite NFL quarterback of all time, and they've been a lot of fun to watch the last few years. Saying they're a top 15 program is quite a tough stretch, though. I could see top 25, maybe.

I don't think you're giving BYU fans enough credit. BYU is arguably one of the most successful of the non power-5 programs. I think they've been wanting this game for DECADES, they KNOW who Nebraska is. It's unfortunate that we're a program in transition when it has to happen though.

Even if Nebraska is a program in transition I'm scared to death of this game for BYU. I'm also scared for the first game of the season but when it's against one of the all-time giants in college football in their stadium my trepidation is elevated. I just never know what to I'll see from either team in the first game.

lol.

Nebraska

Michigan

Ohio St

Penn St

Oklahoma

Texas

Alabama

Auburn

LSU

Texas A&M

Florida

Georgia

Tennessee

Florida St

Miami

Clemson

USC

UCLA

Notre Dame

Quite frankly, I could say the same about any religion, but that's beside the point. I'm not sure why BYU's affiliation with Mormonism got brought up in the first place.

Because when bigoted fans have nothing better to say they always bring up things they have no knowledge or understanding of. 99% of the Husker fans don't fall into that category unlike some fan bases and I thank you for your class.

There's a thread in the politics & religion forum for serious talk about BYU fans' belief in Mormonism.

Frankly I've always liked BYU's program. Steve Young is my favorite NFL quarterback of all time, and they've been a lot of fun to watch the last few years. Saying they're a top 15 program is quite a tough stretch, though. I could see top 25, maybe.

Steve is one of my favorite BYU qb's and my favorite pro qb as well. Its interesting that when he was asked to tell what he thinks of Taysom Hill he described him as a better version of himself. That's saying something. I just wish Hill had the durability Young had in college.