***Official BYU Game Discussion Thread***

I assumed we would have a rough patch today. New coach, new schemes and a very tough BYU team. Nothing horribly unexpected.

I am anxious to see how this staff adjusts at halftime which will mean more too me than the first half.

Me too.

Not typical to open up the season against such a truly formidable opponent. Some first year glitches to work out. I expect them to show up throughout the season, let alone the first game of the year.

Anyone who thought we'd come out of the gates and stomp mudholes in people were fooling themselves, and are rather f'ing stupid IMO.

Gonna be interesting to see what adjustments are made. Unfortunately, when your offensive linemen can't sustain a run block, it makes your options limited. Tommy has been under pressure constantly as well. I hope he's quicker to pull it down and run, because the way the offensive line is blocking, he's gonna have to.

BYU was very good against the run last year, so I didn't expect much success running. BYU was terrible against the pass last year so I expected NU would gain a lot of passing yards. My concern was TA throwing into coverage for interceptions. I didn't expect 500 consecutive drop back passes to be called. I also didn't expect 8 penalties. It is tough to overcome 8 penalties in a half.

You guys are being too harsh. New coach, new offense, it takes time. BYU is a good team too.

Nope. Eichorst said he fired Bo for not winning the games that mattered. By doing that, you're stating you expect his replacement to do that.

In the grand scheme of things, BYU doesn't matter, and we're still getting clubbed.

You've been waiting for this all off season.

Give it a rest.

No, I'm utterly shocked at how awful this team looks.

How much better do you think we would be doing with Little Bo Bleep on the sideline with the lack of depth at LB, the crappy OL, a QB that isn't very smart and a group of RB's that don't seem to be very good either. Wilbon is the only one that looks like he has any vision at all. It makes me miss and respect Ameer even more after seeing this.

I couldn't care less how it looked with Bo. He was fired for a reason. What I am concerned with, is how we look now.

• Fire 1

This is a disgrace......

I9p1JbO.png?1

Quick, let's blame Beck.

Yes it is and we're not even trying to run.

Agreed. And no attempt to establish the run. None. We are witnessing Cally 2.0

The o line is weak....how would you suggest doing that? The jet sweep is the only thing that worked so far. Heck, we didn't even start the best RB....what does that tell you?

QB draw, reverse, 2 back set, designed QB runs. Make them respect his legs instead of laughing at his arm......

Our 2nd leading rusher from last year is at -9....

You guys are being too harsh. New coach, new offense, it takes time. BYU is a good team too.

Nope. Eichorst said he fired Bo for not winning the games that mattered. By doing that, you're stating you expect his replacement to do that.

In the grand scheme of things, BYU doesn't matter, and we're still getting clubbed.

We are not getting clubbed. That turnover is the reason it's a 10 point deficit and never should have happened. There have been some highs and lows, and BYU is a tough team to play. There's still an entire 2nd half. Get a TD with the opening 2nd half drive and it's a ballgame.

No fumble, a straight kick and we have a tie game. Of course, if the dog hadn't of stopped to poop, he would have caught the rabbit.